Lidl Supermarket

Their champagne is unbelievable at just €20. Really tasty and good quality, and I've had them all. I'd take it over most mid range bottles from Moet to Cliquot any time.

Their yoghurt drinks are great too, and in honesty most of the products are great.

I spent years when the kids were growing up decanting Lidl tomato sauce into a Heinz ketchup bottle because they insisted Heinz was better. They never cottoned on and it must have saved me a fortune over the years the amount they went through!

You wouldn't have fooled me and the same goes for cheap cornflakes/rice krispies, my mam tried the later and spotted it straight away.

Ok,so here is the script.

There is a new Lidl just opened near us,and as you do went for a bit of a nosey last night,bought a few bits and bats,but my question is this to you guys

Is there anything in there that you can say from experience that tastes as good as the real stuff but is a fraction of the price ?

The packaging on a lot of the stuff looks identical to the named brands,but obviously don't want to spend money on stuff that tastes like shit and end up binning it.

We are no way snobbish in our food tastes,we shop majority of time in Asda,but thought this new place could work out more cheaper.

Last night for example I only bought a few "branded goods",but am intrigued to see if there are any bargains to be had.

Any experiences feel free to share,cheers

Not sure what real stuff means, Lidl is good and reasonably priced, their wines, bakery, deli foods etc are as good or better as anything else you will find in any other shop.

As for stuff that are similar to branded items, never seen a difference tbf.

Lidl i find has better quality items than your typical tescos/sainsburys/asda.

The dutch cheese slices, banana/strawberry yoghurt drinks, croissants, brie, fresh rolls, vegetables, nuts, and even the breakfast cereals. Dont be put off with the packaging. The rice pops and choc shells pisses over Kellogs branded item anyday. And plus I prefer foreign imported foods in comparison to locally grown food (vegetables in particular).

Only go to tescos/sainsburys for their organic range (milk, butter, eggs).

Lidl does organic milk and eggs. Not butter though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.