Why Arteta but not Vieira?

Really? I thought he was. Who is then?

Domenec Torrent.

Pep doesn't really have a number 2, he has his team - Torrent, Arteta, Kidd and Rodolfo Borrell are all technically his "assistant coaches" with Lorenzo Buenaventura the fitness guy also massively involved and Manel Estiarte probably the most important as Pep's sounding board for everything and the guy who'll tell him hard truths if necessary.

From what Pep's said in interviews, and also the Pep Confidential book, they seem to all have pretty much equal standing in the group.

I think he said when asked, that he wasn’t interested in a Catalan team, but a Spanish one.
He will manage Spain. That I would bet on.
Pep's been publicly pro Catalan independence for like 30 years now. He's spoken at rallies, recorded videos, etc. There's no way he's ever going to manage the Spanish national side, and I have no idea what the politics of the Spanish FA are but I can't imagine he'd be asked to do it either.

Pep's been publicly pro Catalan independence for like 30 years now. He's spoken at rallies, recorded videos, etc. There's no way he's ever going to manage the Spanish national side, and I have no idea what the politics of the Spanish FA are but I can't imagine he'd be asked to do it either.
I know where he stands on politics but he said Spain not Catalan national team, when asked.
And if he doesn’t get the job, he would like to take on another international team.
I don’t know where the Spanish fa are politically either but I’m assuming they aren’t daft, whatever their position.

And this video supports that

Seems the best thread, Vieira, after not doing that great in New York, he's not done that great at Nice either, in fact could be considered the new pearce, 38 games played, 30 goals scored, conceded 35, lost 12 games out of 38, 16 points off CL, and 10 off the EL.

Can't see him coming back to City anytime soon.

Seems the best thread, Vieira, after not doing that great in New York, he's not done that great at Nice either, in fact could be considered the new pearce, 38 games played, 30 goals scored, conceded 35, lost 12 games out of 38, 16 points off CL, and 10 off the EL.

Can't see him coming back to City anytime soon.
Not a chance.

A brilliant player but he lacks the ability and the charisma to be a top manager - as he proved when in charge of our EDS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.