Aaron Wan-Bissaka (signed for United)

It depends how transfer valuations go? VVD was crazy money for £75m that now looks money well spent. Hazard was thought to be overpriced 6 years ago at 30m, another good investment.
I would like us to invest in the exceptional generational talent of De Ligt, Felix etc.
VVD was considered pretty pricey by most, not sure the same was true about Hazard, Agents demands rather than transfer fee seemed to be why we hesitated, I don't remember may people thinking it was a crazy price.

I suggested we should get him 3 years ago when he was dominant in the French league. The fact that he played Leftback, Rightback and right wing and was dominant at all 3 statistically at 22 made me know he was going to be special.

As usual, we are late to the party. Perhaps it's just the curse of being a big team. You really can't scout strictly by talent :(
You should send your CV somewhere

I suggested we should get him 3 years ago when he was dominant in the French league. The fact that he played Leftback, Rightback and right wing and was dominant at all 3 statistically at 22 made me know he was going to be special.

As usual, we are late to the party. Perhaps it's just the curse of being a big team. You really can't scout strictly by talent :(

Blah blah mate - how’s his ‘availability’ been? ;)

Blah blah mate - how’s his ‘availability’ been? ;)

Below was my view on him and others from the 2016 Season. I'll let you decide what 90% of that was bullshit. Knock yourself out buddy :)

Dax77 said:
Statistically, here are some of the best players under the age of 25 from this season in positions we seem to need.

In my mind all these and others who are Statistically excellent should be researched as possible targets. The bolded guys are the ones I want

CM: Pogba, Koke, Kante, Barkley, Geis, Xhaka
AM: Dembele, Boufal, Insigne, Draxler AM
LB: Riccardo Perreirra, Sidibe, Sabaly, Rodriguez, Robbie Brady LB
RB; Sergie Aurer: Fabihno, Joao Cancelo, Belerin RB
CB: Virgil Van Dijk, Reyes, Umtiti, Koulibaly, Tah

I bolded the ones is prefer. Even though I haven't seen moat of these players indepth. But from where they accumulate their stats, and their possession skills ( something out incoming coach likes) the bolded are the most likely.

I excluded some players for other reasons I.E. Mustafi at Valencia, Neymar at Barca, Dybala at Juve Etc. By and large I don't think those guys are legitimate targets for different reasons. There are also players like Isco, Laporte, and Stones who didn't make it coz they statistically Didn't make the cut.

Anyway, while not the be all and end all, I thought it was quite Interesting to see who was succeeding statistically. And it seems we are on the chase for some of them :)

Txiki wants to be sure no team in history will ever have more expensive defense than us lol. This and Harry Maguire. Are we selling Stones and Walker? Or he wants 50M bench warmers for fun everywhere? Another pointless signing like Bony, Mahrez etc. Why does he want to buy players just for buying sake, players that dont improve team much. Might as well save money and really go for big targets.

Txiki wants to be sure no team in history will ever have more expensive defense than us lol. This and Harry Maguire. Are we selling Stones and Walker? Or he wants 50M bench warmers for fun everywhere? Another pointless signing like Bony, Mahrez etc. Why does he want to buy players just for buying sake, players that dont improve team much. Might as well save money and really go for big targets.
When did we announce the signing, I have just been out and got back in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.