Lidl Supermarket

There was a terrible explosion recently at my local Lidl and £5 worth of damage.

I wouldn't recommend Lidl or Aldi tomato or brown sauce. Apart from that they do some decent stuff and the small in-store bakery is decent in Lidl. I used to be a food brand snob years ago and tbf, Aldi and Lidl sold some really rubbish brands when they first opened but that was then. They have both got their act together and a lot better quality nowadays. I shop at both and I think Aldi is trying to cater for the British taste more than Lidl is. Lidl has a larger European range of food than Aldi and is much more widespread across Europe which surprised me.
I like aldi tomato and brown sauce. My misses was a Heinz snob but not she just uses aldi's.

Lidl for bread, meats, cheeses, own brand real ales, and cheap pepsi max
Aldi for meat, again booze, fruit n veg, wine, tea
B&M/homebase/wilkos for toiletries and odds n sods
Tesco for anything else and their pork pies and own brand mineral, also if I cannot be arsed with the above, best of the big shops atm
Iceland for greggs pasties and sausage rolls

Gone right off asda price deals are wank and sainsburys and morrisons are priciest of them all and rarely visited

Lidl:
Bananas are good there.
Get almond nuts from there too (as with almonds in general, best left in water for a few hours then peeled)
Olive oil reasonably priced

Not too many Aldi's here in suburban south east London

Not sure what real stuff means, Lidl is good and reasonably priced, their wines, bakery, deli foods etc are as good or better as anything else you will find in any other shop.

As for stuff that are similar to branded items, never seen a difference tbf.

By "real stuff" I'm just basically meaning household brand names I suppose,something simple like Heinz ketchup,and reading on here sauce is one to avoid,I mean another example like a pot noodle,they do um for 29p but taste like plastic.That's a waste of money,even at 29p to me !

Just was trying to establish if any guinea pigs on here had tried the foods that are dressed like the household brands,but have a different name on the front,wine and bread and foreign cheese seems I'm onto a winner,otherwise not much cop.

I like aldi tomato and brown sauce. My misses was a Heinz snob but not she just uses aldi's.
Sorry I disagree, each to their own though I suppose. My mate and I had a full breakfast in a cafe in Preston a while back. He loves HP brown sauce and he put a few dollops on his breakfast. He took a bite and soon realised it wasn't HP. The cafe owner admitted to filling up HP bottles with the shite brown sauce from Aldi. My mate didn't even complain either. I would have asked for my money back and told them to shove their shit breakfast up their arses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.