Vinny joins Anderlecht as player/manager (Simon Davies follows him)

If there is to be a partnership with Anderlecht, I hope we're keeping an eye out on Yari Verschaeren. Only 17 and one of the better talents in Belgium.

@rscanderlecht technical director Frank Arnesen on appointing @VincentKompany: “I went to Manchester two months ago, to talk about many things, loaning players etc. Vincent jumped in to say ‘hello’. He explained his role under Guardiola in one and a half hours...”

“He pointed out everything on a board, so clear and so intelligent - I was amazed. Five weeks later, we had a meeting with chairman Marc Coucke and myself and we had an idea - Vincent, as a player and manager. We thought whether it was a big risk...”

We had a six hour meeting with Vincent - we were amazed! So many positives and little negatives. Anderlecht are on the floor, and Vincent will not bring us one step forward but three or four! We have no leaders, Vincent is everything!”

Simon Davies has officially joined him.

Anderlecht Sporting Director Michael Verschueren: “We hired him following Vincent Kompany’s advice. They have been working together for quite a while and we want to bring Manchester City’s success story to RSC Anderlecht.”

Simon Davies has officially joined him.

Anderlecht Sporting Director Michael Verschueren: “We hired him following Vincent Kompany’s advice. They have been working together for quite a while and we want to bring Manchester City’s success story to RSC Anderlecht.”
Do we know who's taking over head of academy coaching? Any rumours I've missed?

17yo Anderlecht player, Yari Verschaeren, just did this in the U21 Euros. Sounds like he’s one of the biggest Belgian talents right now, will be interesting to see if players will go from Anderlecht to us as well, and not just the opposite way. Looks like a great prospect, can play both as an attacking midfielder and left winger

Vincent Kompany on Pep Guardiola: "Everyone who went to school has had a teacher who can explain complicated things better and simpler than anybody else. Pep was that teacher. I’m not Pep, but I was a good student." [via @HLNinEngeland]

Vincent Kompany on if he'll manage City in the future: "I should have expected this question and yet I’m surprised. Let me start with this. Let City be City under Pep which is an awesome club. I think they will win the Champions League eventually, soon hopefully."

"Behind Pep there is Mikel Arteta who has a lot of knowledge who probably is the right man to look at. I will just build my career and be as driven as Pep has been or the best managers have been that I know. Will I be as good? We’ll see."

Vincent Kompany on Pep Guardiola: "Everyone who went to school has had a teacher who can explain complicated things better and simpler than anybody else. Pep was that teacher. I’m not Pep, but I was a good student." [via @HLNinEngeland]

Vincent Kompany on if he'll manage City in the future: "I should have expected this question and yet I’m surprised. Let me start with this. Let City be City under Pep which is an awesome club. I think they will win the Champions League eventually, soon hopefully."

"Behind Pep there is Mikel Arteta who has a lot of knowledge who probably is the right man to look at. I will just build my career and be as driven as Pep has been or the best managers have been that I know. Will I be as good? We’ll see."
No pressure on Arteta then!

No pressure on Arteta then!

Vinny bugging up Arteta is yet another example of what a class act he is. I met Vinny a few years ago at the Academy. He said Origi was his most dangerous opponent event though he’d hardly kicked a ball for Liverpool. He wanted to give Origi a lift at the time and now it will be the same with Arteta, who has been given very little credit for our “fourmidables” success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.