Matthijs de Ligt

Yes, so many problem to sort out, how will we possibly manage next season.

We've lost our captain and our greatest ever leader. We're probably losing someone else who plays the same position. We have no real left back. Our main right back was wank for about two thirds of the season. We desperately need a holding midfielder. One of the best young players on the planet looks likely to leave us for Bayern.

This is an important summer for us.

You know exactly what I mean.

In my opinion, stepping aside because of some bullshit about his agent would be stupid. Refusing to pay the fee or his wages would be stupid. If he goes to Barcelona then cool beans but if he ends up joining Liverpool or United and we end up with Maguire then not only have we become weaker, we're allowing a rival to strengthen considerably.
So basically you are saying pay whatever. You know we dont operate like that and I dont think we are about to

Absolutely no way he signs for United, not unless he has lost every brain cell in his head. Barcelona, City or Liverpool or he stays.

I must be ha ING a sr moment as don't understand that

I didn't word it very well, to be fair.

When we have the financial power to match our league rivals then we should be matching what they're offering the best players available. Especially when that person plays in the same position as our departing captain. Especially when that player has ability and maturity so far beyond his years.

It would be very strange considering Raiola is not welcome at United and hasn't visited for 12 months.

They hate how he has manipulated Pogba situation.

Mino also doesn't have much respect for way they handled his other clients Mkhitaryan, big nose and Lukaku.

I'm saying we should compete with the offers given by our domestic competition for the best players available.
Should we have paid £500k per week for Sanchez? Should we have signed Fred and Jorginho?

I like De Ligt and would love us to sign him but he’s 19 and only played in Holland. Our transfer dealings the past few years have been exceptional and part of that has been because we’ve walked away when we’ve deemed the price too much. When you play that game you will lose out on one or two but it’s a better long term strategy and right now the club deserves our full trust because the squad is incredible.

I didn't word it very well, to be fair.

When we have the financial power to match our league rivals then we should be matching what they're offering the best players available. Especially when that person plays in the same position as our departing captain. Especially when that player has ability and maturity so far beyond his years.
OK. I still don't think we will or should

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.