Matthijs de Ligt

I didn't word it very well, to be fair.

When we have the financial power to match our league rivals then we should be matching what they're offering the best players available. Especially when that person plays in the same position as our departing captain. Especially when that player has ability and maturity so far beyond his years.

One thing that's become apparent the last few years is that if a player is only motivated by money we'll walk away. Personally I'm happy with that stance and its worked out pretty well the last 2 years.

Should we have paid £500k per week for Sanchez? Should we have signed Fred and Jorginho?/
We tried signing all those players. We supposedly had agreements with these players and then united and Chelsea swooped in with last minute improved offers and we refused to up ours on principal.

If that happens with De Ligt then you won't hear any complaints from me. However, if there's truth in the reports that we won't go after him because we rate Maguire over him (I find this very hard to believe) then I think it's a stupid move.

Not sure why it's formatted like this.

We've lost our captain and our greatest ever leader. We're probably losing someone else who plays the same position. We have no real left back. Our main right back was wank for about two thirds of the season. We desperately need a holding midfielder. One of the best young players on the planet looks likely to leave us for Bayern.

This is an important summer for us.

Unless we win the quad or the champs league next season it will be a step down from this season seasonally I trust our owner and we have the best manager ever lived so I’m cool.

I didn't word it very well, to be fair.

When we have the financial power to match our league rivals then we should be matching what they're offering the best players available. Especially when that person plays in the same position as our departing captain. Especially when that player has ability and maturity so far beyond his years.
Absolutely unadulterated horse shit.

We have a squad that is so consistent, so hard working and so devoid of egos that it’s ridiculous to suggest throwing money at it. We want players who want to play for us, for footballing reasons, for the opportunity to work under the best manager in the world IMO and because they want to win trophies.

If players don’t WANT to be here, they’re not welcome.

We've lost our captain and our greatest ever leader. We're probably losing someone else who plays the same position. We have no real left back. Our main right back was wank for about two thirds of the season. We desperately need a holding midfielder. One of the best young players on the planet looks likely to leave us for Bayern.

This is an important summer for us.
Fucking lol. I’m glad I won’t have to rely on you in a crisis.

We have a squad that is so consistent, so hard working and so devoid of egos that it’s ridiculous to suggest throwing money at it.

The squad is going to look a fair bit different next season. Realistically, one of two things is going to happen: either we'll get stronger or weaker. Unfortunately, we have to "throw money at it" if we want to improve.

Fernandes definitely.

Not sure about Rodri...looks a bit slow and cumbersome to me but we do need height as Pep has clearly stated.

After a pre-season under Pep he'll be a world class pivot. If we secure Maguire as well we might actually become a threat at set pieces ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.