Matthijs de Ligt

The squad is going to look a fair bit different next season. Realistically, one of two things is going to happen: either we'll get stronger or weaker. Unfortunately, we have to "throw money at it" if we want to improve.

Mate do you think before you post? We were better this season than last after virtually no net spend and KDB being out virtually all season. We didn't throw any money but improved, that's the Pep affect.

Mate do you think before you post? We were better this season than last after virtually no net spend and KDB being out virtually all season. We didn't throw any money but improved, that's the Pep affect.

Did we lose anyone last summer? We've got a few proper departures on the horizon and those spots will need filling. The defence has to be looked at and I don't really understand why it's proving controversial to state that I think we should be going all in for De Ligt. We're going to end up throwing money at that position regardless of whether it's him or Maguire. My opinion is that the former would be a much better investment.

De Ligt £75-80 mill and Leicester allegedly want £90 mill for slab head.
Would we really pay that kind of money? For either?
Well I suppose we will find out soon enough.

It would be very strange considering Raiola is not welcome at United and hasn't visited for 12 months.

They hate how he has manipulated Pogba situation.

Mino also doesn't have much respect for way they handled his other clients Mkhitaryan, big nose and Lukaku.
However regardless of the "respect" and the "welcome" Raiola would get from the rags, they would most likely stomp up the cash?

After a disastrous season they are desperate to rebuild.

You would expect the choice on footballing grounds to be Barca, us and Liverpool. But it appears Barca and us want to play less?
(Not sure about Liverpool, they paid VVD?) That's why United will likely be offering the highest financial package.

Did we lose anyone last summer? We've got a few proper departures on the horizon and those spots will need filling. The defence has to be looked at and I don't really understand why it's proving controversial to state that I think we should be going all in for De Ligt. We're going to end up throwing money at that position regardless of whether it's him or Maguire. My opinion is that the former would be a much better investment.

Vinny is an excellent leader and will be missed but doesn't define this team. He's played less than 50% of the league games during the last 2 record breaking seasons.
It also common knowledge that we will only sign one CB, Garcia will be promoted to the first team squad even if Ota stays.

Vinny is an excellent leader and will be missed but doesn't define this team. He's played less than 50% of the league games during the last 2 record breaking seasons.
It also common knowledge that we will only sign one CB, Garcia will be promoted to the first team squad even if Ota stays.
I think if Otamendi stays we there's a good chance we won't sign anyone we'd have the 3 senior centre backs plus Garcia and Sandler, we'd also have Fernadinho and Walker as options.

I don't disagree with anything here. My only point is that we need to sign a decent partner for Laporte. Otamendi will probably go and even if he doesn't I don't rate him very highly. Stones, who I rate very highly, has struggled with injuries and issues in his personal life fairly consistently since he signed. Garcia I think is more than ready to be fourth choice.

There's a spot there which I feel needs to be taken by a quality player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.