Who will be the next youth player to make the step up?

I wasn’t impressed with any of them, nor any of Liverpool’s side, in the FA YC final.
To be fair, having watched it all the way through, I think the occasion got to most players in both sides. Some generally poor decision-making and nervous play that I haven’t seen in other Academy games I have watched recently.

I put Moulden’s mistake just at the end of regular time almost entirely down to that and, without it, we’d have another trophy in the cabinet to add to the men’s three (or four) muffins, the ladies’ two barms, and Pep’s two golden bollocks.

I think a few of the current crop have an outside chance of making it in to our senior team.

For those that have watched him regularly, could he potentially be up to the standard of our current midfield (in the future, that is)?

Could he be the next to step up or is that very unlikely (especially given our midfield is full for a few years, even with David taking a reduced role)?

Meh. Not good as a 6, not very good as an 8. Just a decent player overall, was very surprised when he suddenly was involved with the first team

Taylor Harwood-Bellis was great in that game. Liverpools LB did well also
Harwood-Bellis was very good — at the time I said Kompany-esque.

But Garcia was the standout player for both teams until he went off with the injury, which significantly impacted our lads and the system as a whole.

At points he looked like a senior player that had just come back from a long term injury and so was being made to play in the youth team to gain match fitness, the difference in quality was that stark.

It’s one of the many reasons I agree that he has the best chance of stepping up.

From the few games I've seen of Garcia, I am a huge fan. For me, he is well above mangala, tosin or Sandler and I'd have no problem at all if he started the first game of the season come August.

This.

He is a mega talent for me. Severely under rated. Think he is more first team ready than Foden actually.

A born leader, would rather we give him a chance than spend another £60m+ on a CB.

For those that have watched him regularly, could he potentially be up to the standard of our current midfield (in the future, that is)?

Could he be the next to step up or is that very unlikely (especially given our midfield is full for a few years, even with David taking a reduced role)?

Not a chance in hell will he ever play for City's first team I'm afraid. Rowan Mcdonald and Tommy Doyle far better prospects for CM/DM.

Not a chance in hell will he ever play for City's first team I'm afraid. Rowan Mcdonald and Tommy Doyle far better prospects for CM/DM.
Cheers.

I am excited for Doyle, who looks the genuine article, if not quite as prodigious as Foden.

Just different styles of players, it's like comparing Yaya to David Silva, both brilliant players but very different styles.
Agree they are different players, but I was referring to the general talent at the same age, which I think Foden just wins out.

Doyle is very good, though — I don’t mean to malign his potential.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.