City's New Kits - 2019/20

Looks ok-ish at best.

You'd have thought like when Umbro came back Puma for all the money they're spending would have done a proper traditional colours City kit at least for the first year ...big big promo etc. But I guess it's not about us match going fans (some will like it / others buy it 'cos it's City) but it's all about the overseas markets as that's probably where the money is & where the shirt is aimed at.

Last 2 shirt's I bought was the first Umbro one & the black/grey striped one as it was a near to a classic red/black design, had the 2011 cup finals map one in a presentation box & Nike's first as presents.

Won't be buying this one.

The anniversary kit will be plain so just wait for that.
I just don’t understand why people aren’t getting this.

They weren’t going to bring out two normal kits that looked similar, one being an anniversary one and the other the home kit.

The anniversary one is clearly going to be the more traditional City kit so they needed to do something different for the home kit.

Time will tell the anniversary kit should be a clean ST.Marks kit.
This isn’t an anniversary of St Marks (of whom’s kit we don’t really know much about - the cross pattee was Gorton AFC, not St Marks)...

This is the 125th anniversary of Manchester City Football Club. A club formed in the colours of sky shirts, white shorts and navy socks.

I just don’t understand why people aren’t getting this.

They weren’t going to bring out two normal kits that looked similar, one being an anniversary one and the other the home kit.

The anniversary one is clearly going to be the more traditional City kit so they needed to do something different for the home kit.
I think most do actually get that, many just don’t like that we’ll be mostly playing in the **** version of the two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.