Lidl Supermarket

Sorry I disagree, each to their own though I suppose. My mate and I had a full breakfast in a cafe in Preston a while back. He loves HP brown sauce and he put a few dollops on his breakfast. He took a bite and soon realised it wasn't HP. The cafe owner admitted to filling up HP bottles with the shite brown sauce from Aldi. My mate didn't even complain either. I would have asked for my money back and told them to shove their shit breakfast up their arses.

What a thick twat.

If it was my cafe I would have just put the aldi bottles out, if someone doesn't use it then saves me money buying replacements.

What a thick twat.

If it was my cafe I would have just put the aldi bottles out, if someone doesn't use it then saves me money buying replacements.
Nowt thick about them, crafty as fuck though. I think a bottle of Heinz tomato and HP brown on a Cafe table often means they aren't serving up the cheapest nastiest ingredients possible. Nowt worse than cheap frozen catering sausages IMO. And as for cheap teabags, where is @aguero93:20 when you need him.

Nowt thick about them, crafty as fuck though. I think a bottle of Heinz tomato and HP brown on a Cafe table often means they aren't serving up the cheapest nastiest ingredients possible. Nowt worse than cheap frozen catering sausages IMO. And as for cheap teabags, where is @aguero93:20 when you need him.

Best quality breakfast would be served in my cafe, condiments though would be bog standard.

As fot teabags, top quality would be served, non of that yorkshire tea shite

Best quality breakfast would be served in my cafe, condiments though would be bog standard.

As fot teabags, top quality would be served, non of that yorkshire tea shite
I don't get your logic. I don't usually bother with red or brown sauce, I sometimes use it to mask the taste of a cheap sausage. Most people who like sauce want the best sauce to compliment their breakfast which is HP brown and Heinz tomato IMO. last time I squirted cheap sauce on my plate from somewhere like Lidl or Aldi it resembled something that been brewed in a nuclear reactor, bright red and a nasty cheap vinegar like saccharin sweetness. Always worth spending the extra on quality I think.

I don't get your logic. I don't usually bother with red or brown sauce, I sometimes use it to mask the taste of a cheap sausage. Most people who like sauce want the best sauce to compliment their breakfast which is HP brown and Heinz tomato IMO. last time I squirted cheap sauce on my plate from somewhere like Lidl or Aldi it resembled something that been brewed in a nuclear reactor, bright red and a nasty cheap vinegar like saccharin sweetness. Always worth spending the extra on quality I think.

Because as a chef I have tasted many condiment and really ketchup is not very different from the cheapest to the brands, maybe more acodoc or sweet at times.
Brown sauce bar HP all taste the same tbf and a dash of worcsteshire sauce will sort that, all about the tamarind.

lidl is coming to piccadilly manchester very soon at the tower old quality save shop

Because as a chef I have tasted many condiment and really ketchup is not very different from the cheapest to the brands, maybe more acodoc or sweet at times.
Brown sauce bar HP all taste the same tbf and a dash of worcsteshire sauce will sort that, all about the tamarind.
Heinz and HP have got their sauces bang on for donkeys years. That's why they are considered the best. I like egg on toast with HP sauce on. Daddies is an acceptable alternative but
the rest are wank IMO.

Heinz and HP have got their sauces bang on for donkeys years. That's why they are considered the best. I like egg on toast with HP sauce on. Daddies is an acceptable alternative but
the rest are wank IMO.

Globally plenty of other brands do as well though brown sauce is known as steak sauce, just like any other brand if you are brought up believing it is superior then you tend to stick with it.

Not a big brown saudlce user but have had hienzn lea and perrin and others overseas and never found them amy less worth using than HP.

If I was in a cafe and it had supermarket branded condiments I wouldn't care if the sausages, beans and black pudding are top quality.

Globally plenty of other brands do as well though brown sauce is known as steak sauce, just like any other brand if you are brought up believing it is superior then you tend to stick with it.

Not a big brown saudlce user but have had hienzn lea and perrin and others overseas and never found them amy less worth using than HP.

If I was in a cafe and it had supermarket branded condiments I wouldn't care if the sausages, beans and black pudding are top quality.
Everyone is different mate. Many cafes and restaurant start off on the right foot as you should know being a chef, then they compromise the quality of ingredients and think they can pass it off as the same. I notice the drop-off in quality straight away. I'm not a chef but when I make a full English I use a local butchers His sausages bacon eggs and black pudding is top quality and is cheaper than the average price of supermarkets, including Aldi and Lidl. None of his stuff is laced with artificial flavourings colours sweeteners preservatives and MSG. His eggs are £2 a dozen and are free-range organic without him needing to put organic sign on them and charging extra pound a dozen more.

I go there for some stuff. Their tins of tuna are quality and I eat quite a lot of it. Their steaks are great, as is the fresh fish and they bake their own bread there which is always nice. They do good wine and their council version of Stella in the lookalike can is shit hot, as good as the real gear.
I like their packs of microwave veg, and the ice cream type stuff is good too. Been making my way through a box of fake magnums which cost a quid

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.