Matthijs de Ligt

It would be very strange considering Raiola is not welcome at United and hasn't visited for 12 months.

They hate how he has manipulated Pogba situation.

Mino also doesn't have much respect for way they handled his other clients Mkhitaryan, big nose and Lukaku.

He is simply playing his games to force Barca to agree to there terms.
It's a shame that such a big prospect has chosen him to represent him.

1. Absolute bollocks, Vinny didn’t play in half the games over the course of the season and we didn’t do too badly without him.

We did a lot better with him. As you've pointed out, our clean sheet record was much better towards the end of the season.

2. Zinchenko has proved more than capable of filling in, the season before we used Delph and won the league with 100 points. It’s clearly not an area that is absolutely crucial.

Delph was a liability and is often targeted as the weak link whenever he plays. He's probably going to leave. That will leave us with Zinchenko and potentially Laporte to cover if/ when Mendy doesn't play. I'm okay with that for now and we should prioritise the centre of defence and the base of midfield.

3. The clean sheet record later in the season proves he isn’t too much of a defensive liability. He’s not quite as good admittedly but retaining possession better means opponents don’t have as many opportunities to expose those liabilities.

He could have easily cost us the title against Leicester. I really rate Gundogan and have always backed him but I just don't think it's a smart move to go into the new season with him as our main 6.

4. We didn’t throw money at Mahrez, we were prepared to walk away if we didn’t get the deal we want. The full backs I do agree with you, we had no choice and at that stage weren’t in the same position of strength as now.

I think we're in a similar position with the centre backs. We're likely to lose two of our most experienced defenders and that's therefore a position we really need to strengthen in.

5. Fucking obviously, no one is arguing over paying players what they’re worth. What we can’t do is what United do and pay stupid money

Like £60m+ on Maguire?

I'm not asking us to break our entire wage structure, I'd just hope that we'd put in a solid offer in a genuine attempt to get the player. If he turns that down then fair enough. Once again, my issue is with reports that we don't rate him as highly as Maguire. That's insane in my opinion.

We did a lot better with him. As you've pointed out, our clean sheet record was much better towards the end of the season.

Delph was a liability and is often targeted as the weak link whenever he plays. He's probably going to leave. That will leave us with Zinchenko and potentially Laporte to cover if/ when Mendy doesn't play. I'm okay with that for now and we should prioritise the centre of defence and the base of midfield.

He could have easily cost us the title against Leicester. I really rate Gundogan and have always backed him but I just don't think it's a smart move to go into the new season with him as our main 6.

I think we're in a similar position with the centre backs. We're likely to lose two of our most experienced defenders and that's therefore a position we really need to strengthen in.

Like £60m+ on Maguire?

I'm not asking us to break our entire wage structure, I'd just hope that we'd put in a solid offer in a genuine attempt to get the player. If he turns that down then fair enough. Once again, my issue is with reports that we don't rate him as highly as Maguire. That's insane in my opinion.
I’ll just reply to the last bit as the rest is off topic and we’ll have to agree to disagree.

In terms of breaking our wage structure (whether that’s slightly or majorly is irrelevant) for a 19 year old is absolutely fucking crazy talk.

De Bruyne, Bernardo, Aguero and Sterling for example have earned the right to be our highest earners. If De Ligt or anyone else for that matter wants to come they can sit in the bracket below those guys who have won us league and cup titles until they have done the same and proven their value.

We look after players, look at Bernardo. He’s done amazingly and we’ve gone and extended his contract and very good money because he earned it. I don’t give a fuck if it’s De Ligt, Mbappe or Messi, the squad and wage structure is vital to players earning their money by what they do, not what they can potentially do.

I’ll just reply to the last bit as the rest is off topic and we’ll have to agree to disagree.

In terms of breaking our wage structure (whether that’s slightly or majorly is irrelevant) for a 19 year old is absolutely fucking crazy talk.

De Bruyne, Bernardo, Aguero and Sterling for example have earned the right to be our highest earners. If De Ligt or anyone else for that matter wants to come they can sit in the bracket below those guys who have won us league and cup titles until they have done the same and proven their value.

We look after players, look at Bernardo. He’s done amazingly and we’ve gone and extended his contract and very good money because he earned it. I don’t give a fuck if it’s De Ligt, Mbappe or Messi, the squad and wage structure is vital to players earning their money by what they do, not what they can potentially do.
Absolutely spot on imo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.