Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't dislike Harry at all, I just don't think he is worth what is being quoted I honestly would question it at over 40 Mill so to hear as much as 90.....were talking similar money to some of the best forwards in th world, not for me.
Agee with you . He is a very good defender but when your going over £50 mill it’s a no from me especially when you can have godin for a year on a free.

Sorry not you, but it's been suggested that he is not an RCB so he won't be a good fit.

The problem I have with him is the same problem I have with most of our recruits, I think they are too expensive. But most don't care about that. Talent wise I think he is juat good enough to play for us.

I don't think that is true. If he was 10 mil nobody would be bothered that he is shit.

Why Maguire? we have 3 better CB's already.....Fern would probably be much better too.
Usual English obsession.....a fullback only as good as his pace, and a CB only as good as his aerial ability......we might have a team of dwarfs, but our goals against was hardly an issue.

Why Maguire? we have 3 better CB's already.....Fern would probably be much better too.
Usual English obsession.....a fullback only as good as his pace, and a CB only as good as his aerial ability......we might have a team of dwarfs, but our goals against was hardly an issue.

while id agree with you wholeheartedly, Pep himself int he last few weeks highlighted at least twice that we lack height and its something he is clearly at least thinking about addressing in some way

Do I want McGuire....no not really at all...Id rather have De Ligt but that looks highly unlikely....Bara want him and will probably get him or someone like Liverpool or Utd cause simply they will pay over the top to get him (which we have shown we won't do in the last few seasons).
There is also the issue of homegrown/engligh players int he squad...if we lose Delph we have to bring in someone English/homegrown I think to fill that spot which leaves us shopping in a limited market

Wait! What did I say :)
You really don't think Bournemouth would sell their club record buy for 10 million more do you?

More that you basicly think that Ake and Harry being valued at upwards of £55mill is what should be expected...... That's insanity.

More that you basicly think that Ake and Harry being valued at upwards of £55mill is what should be expected...... That's insanity.
I agree it is. Except insanity is now the reality. I hate these prices. Hence why I do my own amateur scouting and hope City pick up these gems before they are popular and overpriced.

I agree it is. Except insanity is now the reality. I hate these prices. Hence why I do my own amateur scouting and hope City pick up these gems before they are popular and overpriced.
The fact that we walked away from virgil last year but would be willing to pay similar this year for a lesser player.... Sorry Not for me.
Mdl is twice the player at the same price, possibly this gerations version of a maldini/ Puyol etc.

The fact that we walked away from virgil last year ...
You can't force a player to sign a contract.
He wanted to play for Liverpool and Klopp. End of story.

But is doesn't change a fact that I will feel depressed if we sign Maguire for similiar money to VVD.

You can't force a player to sign a contract.
He wanted to play for Liverpool and Klopp. End of story.

But is doesn't change a fact that I will feel depressed if we sign Maguire for similiar money to VVD.

City enquired about the availability of vvd the summer before he joined Liverpool and walked away after being quoted the figures he eventually went to Anfield for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.