Matthijs de Ligt

De Ligt would be a great player if he came to City, for sure.

However at the risk of being perma-banned from this forum, I do think he seems a bit over hyped. Admittedly I've only watched a handful of games for Ajax and Netherlands (although I'd argue I'm not alone) but I've never seen anything that makes me marvel, unlike De Jong for example.

Remember thinking similarly when De Jong was allegedly signing contract with PSG
I agree that De Ligt would likely prefer to go to Barca, all things being equal. However playing Devil's advocate, perhaps with him being 3 years younger than De Jong, he feels he can get much higher salary now and go there later and have a long career there?

However at the risk of being perma-banned from this forum, I do think he seems a bit over hyped. Admittedly I've only watched a handful of games for Ajax and Netherlands (although I'd argue I'm not alone) but I've never seen anything that makes me marvel, unlike De Jong for example.

You didn’t watch the first leg of the CL semi final then? He was phenomenal. Best player on the pitch and what I love about him is his maturity, drive and dedication. At 19! He’s a born leader.

One wouldn't marvel over Laporte based on a handfull of games. It's like that with defenders. The better they do their job the more invisible they become, in a sense.
At 19 he captained a team of unproven kids to a champions league semi-final. Hyped players don't do that IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.