What Is The True Status Of The Champions League?

You could finish second in the group drawing all 6 games 0-0
Ro16- draw 0-0 away and 0-0 at home and go through on penalties
Quarters- draw 0-0 away and 0-0 at home and go through on penalties
Semis- draw 0-0 away and 0-0 at home and go through on penalties
Final- draw 0-0 and win on penalties

And claim you’re the best team in Europe only having played 7 teams of the 32 that entered and not win one single game and not scoring a single goal in 13 games.

In the same kind of form in a season long league structure you’d be likely relegated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always want City to win everything obviously. But I find it really hard to get excited for the champions league and when City get knocked out it doesn't bother me. Which is a shame.

For the general public it is the the biggest club competition - by far. In some areas of Europe the domestic rivalry will probably make the hard core fans favour the domestic league.

It’s the epitome of greatness. Elevates the winners to god like status etc........

Until we win it
IF we win it next season beating Barca 4-0 and the rags get their EL bunk up into the CL beating Bate Borisov in the final on penalties. You can bet your bottom dollar the EL will be marketed as the prestigious tournament.

The champions league is "the big one" every rag or Scouse I have spoken to in the last 2 weeks has confirmed it."the big one".

Domestic trebles are for wimps.

Didn't both teams in getting to the final lose 5 games ?? Sort of devalues it alot it should be a league or a knock competition not both ....
They’ve also gone 29 and 58 years without being crowned Champions, that certainly devalues the competition

For me, since you have to finish high up in a league to qualify for the comp, and with it being called the Champions LEAGUE, it should be a league format.

Maybe an idea for teams to have been Champions of their league in recent history would be an idea n’all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.