Matthijs de Ligt

I agree that De Ligt would likely prefer to go to Barca, all things being equal. However playing Devil's advocate, perhaps with him being 3 years younger than De Jong, he feels he can get much higher salary now and go there later and have a long career there?

He could have those things at any club but someone born to play at Ajax isn’t going to choose the current United

You know exactly what I mean.

In my opinion, stepping aside because of some bullshit about his agent would be stupid. Refusing to pay the fee or his wages would be stupid. If he goes to Barcelona then cool beans but if he ends up joining Liverpool or United and we end up with Maguire then not only have we become weaker, we're allowing a rival to strengthen considerably.
I consider Barca a rival :)

Lol.
@SWP's back is this where you got your response to me from? Next time you use someone else's line, have the decency to give them credit :)
Yeah the saying that’s been around since I was in school 20 odd years ago is completely brand new to me before today.

Let me know when you next need some attention Dax.

Defence is going to be much more in the spotlight next season with VAR. Expect the attacking team to have much less interference at set pieces for fear of penalties, and hence more headed goals.

De Ligt could be even more effective in his heading stats next season. The Dutch have the tallest population in Europe, it may be easier in the PL than the Dutch league to dominate aerially?
Are you suggesting De Ligt's weaker Ariel numbers are a function if playing in a league with talker players?

I'm not sure I can buy that argument without some real height analysis to back it up. But the eue test suggests it should be easier winning Ariel battles in the Dutch league.

Yeah the saying that’s been around since I was in school 20 odd years ago is completely brand new to me before today.

Let me know when you next need some attention Dax.
It's not that it's been available, it's that someone used it on you and you turned around and used it without giving credit. That's some weak shit brah ( credit to SWP for that word).

Well, see you around Playboy. :)

I can't get used to the phrase 'allowing a rival to strengthen'. We have a budget, the club doesn't agree, the agent presses for more and we stand firm. That's not allowing anything, it's not being taken for a mug and buying players that want to play for us. No matter how good they are, look at PSG and the issues between Neymar and Mbappe for evidence that the biggest players don't necessarily make the best teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.