Matthijs de Ligt

It might be Liverpool if not United? He's said he wants them to win the CL final. They stumped up the big money for VVD.

Pretty sure wanting Liverpool to win has more to do with his central defensive partner for Oranje than it does wanting to play for them - if not for Spurs having knocked them out

Nevertheless, there are a lot of parallels to the De Jong signing

I get what your saying but he’s 19 if he’s as good as what people are saying he’s 15yrs at top level, he’ll earn millions upon millions, which at this stage of his career should be the last of his concerns
Not really. If he is as good as advertised, he can earn ridiculous money now helping United get back to relevance, and then move to a big club for even more money in 6 years when he'd be in his absolute prime.

The fact that he is 19 now means he can absolutely prioritize money knowing he has 12 years to play with. I can't fault his reasoning.

I can't get used to the phrase 'allowing a rival to strengthen'. We have a budget, the club doesn't agree, the agent presses for more and we stand firm. That's not allowing anything, it's not being taken for a mug and buying players that want to play for us. No matter how good they are, look at PSG and the issues between Neymar and Mbappe for evidence that the biggest players don't necessarily make the best teams.
What are the issues between Mbappé and Neymar ?

Show me the evidences.

Not really. If he is as good as advertised, he can earn ridiculous money now helping United get back to relevance, and then move to a big club for even more money in 6 years when he'd be in his absolute prime.

The fact that he is 19 now means he can absolutely prioritize money knowing he has 12 years to play with. I can't fault his reasoning.
Agree. This career trajectory should be referred to as 'Mbappe way' :) It's quite reasonable to go after big buck at this stage, then move to a proper club on a good terms.

Saying that, I'm confident that he's using the Rags to squeeze more from Barcelona.

What are the issues between Mbappé and Neymar ?

Show me the evidences.

Mbappe said: 'This is a very important moment for me, I am arriving at maybe the first or second turning point in my career.
'I have learned so much here, and I feel it's maybe the time to have more responsibility.
'Maybe at PSG, that would give me great pleasure, or maybe elsewhere for a new project.'
According to Sport, Neymar's criticism of the 'young people' in the PSG squad upset the 20-year-old Mbappe, who felt it referred to him. Mbappe had just been sent off in the French Cup final defeat on penalties by Rennes.

I was not meaning to be disrespectful of PSG, just that buying superstars does not always make a team that delivers at the highest levels of the game.

I'll never post on this forum again if De Ligt signs for United...that's how confident I am that it is bs. The boy has some ambition, he's not brain dead to join the scum
They'll have a seriously hard time attracting world class talent to that club whilst they're in the Europa League and Ole's at the wheel.

Mbappe said: 'This is a very important moment for me, I am arriving at maybe the first or second turning point in my career.
'I have learned so much here, and I feel it's maybe the time to have more responsibility.
'Maybe at PSG, that would give me great pleasure, or maybe elsewhere for a new project.'
According to Sport, Neymar's criticism of the 'young people' in the PSG squad upset the 20-year-old Mbappe, who felt it referred to him. Mbappe had just been sent off in the French Cup final defeat on penalties by Rennes.

I was not meaning to be disrespectful of PSG, just that buying superstars does not always make a team that delivers at the highest levels of the game.
You have not been disrespectful.
I'm just asking where are the evidence you are claiming about that particular topic.

And those evidences seem to be the opinion of Sport about his declaration. Well, that seem rather far fetched to call that "evidence".
As you can see with a quick research, they are quite imaginative when PSG is the object of their articles :https://www.sport-english.com/en/ne...test-strategy-to-try-and-damage-barca-7366239
Other journalists in France, closer to the case, have said that he wants the number 9 spot (he talked about the fact he discovered a new role), more responsabilities meaning more money, wanting to take second position in penalty taking, and wanting a more competitive team while respecting Neymar importance for the club.

No one can conclude anything about Mbappé declaration, except for the player himself, but i think he wants to put pressure on PSG like Cristiano Ronaldo used to do. He wants more money, more attention, a competitive team and wouldn't say no to Real Madrid if PSG was opening the door.

But, if there are two players that like to play together and have an understanding on the field, it is clearly Mbappé and Neymar. Cavani is the one being boycotted by the two others because he is technically limited.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.