European City Breaks

Me and the missus are going to Berlin for the first time for 10 days next month for my 40th, with a day trip to Potsdam on my birthday.

I stopped in Berlin for one night when I went to Aarhus, Denmark. I didn’t want to leave. You’ll love it. An easy place to get around. Try Mitte for bars. And the Currywurst too.

loved berlin, it's history was a stark reminder of how it was. felt safer than in most european cities and relatively cheap i thought. hotel even gave us a mobile with GPS on so never got lost. few beers down by the river across from kreuzberg. it has almost 3 centres and each have their own random charm. i also went leipzig and dresden, love germany in general and off dusseldorf next

Düsseldorf was a little bit too party for me. Music everywhere and stags too. Groups of boys from Manchester, Leeds, Sunderland etc. Altstadt (spelling) was lively.

Germany is indeed a wonderful country. Progressive, efficient, affordable etc.

Düsseldorf was a little bit too party for me. Music everywhere and stags too. Groups of boys from Manchester, Leeds, Sunderland etc. Altstadt (spelling) was lively.

Germany is indeed a wonderful country. Progressive, efficient, affordable etc.

that's my worst nightmare as apart from in munich i have hardly seen big groups of english-might just avoid those areas or look at somewhere commutable as booked flights.cologne is a reasonable distance i guess. alstadt is known as largest bar in europe, i'll just avoid it, i look german anyway so will just play dumb.

Anybody been to Jutland in Northern Denmark.
Is there an easy way to go.Always wanted to go to Skagen but it looks awkward to plan.

Me and the missus are going to Berlin for the first time for 10 days next month for my 40th, with a day trip to Potsdam on my birthday.

We love Nuremberg too and have been there twice, once for xmas too. It's just a bit annoying that Ryanair have cancelled the route from Manchester now, so we've cancelled our planned trip there for xmas this year which included 3 days in Bamberg, and are now going to Karlovy Vary in Czech Republic for xmas instead.

We visited Turin for 4 days at the end of March after it being recommended by the chap I sit next to in SS3, and it didn't disappoint.

Next year consists of Bilbao in spring, Thessaloniki in summer, Hamburg in autumn and Copenhagen for xmas.

Love trips into mainland Europe with the missus. We have a really good time with each other exploring, eating delicious food and drinking gorgeous beers and wine.

You’ll love Berlin. I went once over 10 years ago but didn’t do the research and wasn’t prepared, I wasn’t sure what all the fuss was about

However, now the brother-in-law lives there so we’ve been over 3 times in the last 14 months. I think the place is fantastic, so much history, so laid back and really easy to get around

Just note that all shops are shut on Sunday so if you’re planning clothes shopping go another day

If you want any suggestions of nice restaurants and that just drop me a DM

Try Bratislava cheap ale loads of good bars really nice old town 30m from Vienna as when we were there loads of Wales fans were in town after they’d played in Vienna
Ryanair go Friday- Sunday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.