United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely don't think he's that good. If he played for Palace or Watford or Newcastle he'd just be a pacy forward. That's all he has. I've watched the Rags a few times this season because they're shite and the lad ain't all that. Mourinho had him bang to rights.

I agree, malg.

When he first broke into the rags' first team, he seemed to have a eye for goal, and he was (and still is) quick, but that was about all.

His dribbling and close control have always been poor, if I’m being generous, and though he takes free-kicks, I’ve yet to see a decent effort from one of his.

He is nowhere near the level of any of our current forwards and I’m not sure even Pep could bring him up to the standard required.

giphy.gif
I've warned her,she said i will kill you when you are asleep so i've stood down,cats are evil

@malg it's hardly a barometer of quality or even a compelling argument....but he's their best player by far,and the one i think would be in with a shout of a match day place here.If he played for someone other than the rags,i think attitudes/opinion would be different.

He'd still have all the control and nous of a new born giraffe.

Rashford could be very good for Pep, for sure.

United fans are rather frustrated with how stupid he is in possession. His go to tactic is to run fast and kick it hard (cross or shot). He has an irritating habit of shooting from stupid angles. His first touch and heading also leave a bit to be desired. In fact his not amazing close control is probably the biggest thing holding him back if he were to be in a Guardiola side. Also, Mourinho sticking him on the wing for two and a half years has arguably slowed his progression as a central player down significantly, given his age. He's suffering under Solskjaer because he's being coached awfully in those senses. His approach may have worked 15 years ago but not anymore.

He does have positives though. Southgate has really improved his off-the-ball movement, which is a big thing for Pep of course. Plus there's the obvious; he works really hard, is very fast, quite skillful, a decent creative knack, and he has a seriously mean right foot.

I think Pep could definitely iron out a lot of the negatives and make the most out of the positives. But on that note, I actually think there are a LOT of players that could be said for. Wingers are the Guardiola specialty when it comes to making the most out of. If he could get Martial's attitude in order (which is near impossible) then he'd be a much better option.

Despite Rashford being the best English player ever and always, I think there are plenty of more applicable players out there, even ones we haven't thought of yet. Notably ones with better close ball control.

@malg it's hardly a barometer of quality or even a compelling argument....but he's their best player by far,and the one i think would be in with a shout of a match day place here.If he played for someone other than the rags,i think attitudes/opinion would be different.

You are right. There is a real player in there if managed well.

Rashford could be very good for Pep, for sure.

United fans are rather frustrated with how stupid he is in possession. His go to tactic is to run fast and kick it hard (cross or shot). He has an irritating habit of shooting from stupid angles. His first touch and heading also leave a bit to be desired. In fact his not amazing close control is probably the biggest thing holding him back if he were to be in a Guardiola side. Also, Mourinho sticking him on the wing for two and a half years has arguably slowed his progression as a central player down significantly, given his age. He's suffering under Solskjaer because he's being coached awfully in those senses. His approach may have worked 15 years ago but not anymore.

He does have positives though. Southgate has really improved his off-the-ball movement, which is a big thing for Pep of course. Plus there's the obvious; he works really hard, is very fast, quite skillful, a decent creative knack, and he has a seriously mean right foot.

I think Pep could definitely iron out a lot of the negatives and make the most out of the positives. But on that note, I actually think there are a LOT of players that could be said for. Wingers are the Guardiola specialty when it comes to making the most out of. If he could get Martial's attitude in order (which is near impossible) then he'd be a much better option.

Despite Rashford being the best English player ever and always, I think there are plenty of more applicable players out there, even ones we haven't thought of yet. Notably ones with better close ball control.

Yeah, killing about 12 supporters with his wayward shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.