Matthijs de Ligt

Got a mate who's a Utrecht fan, who obviously watches a lot of Eredivisie, he' Dutch and goes to the games. I asked him about De Jong and De Ligt, his opinion is that De Jong will be a superstar, but he was very meh about De ligt, doesn't think he's anything special.

Only his opinions of course but he's probably seen more of these 2 players than anyone on BM.
Strange how he's club captain at just 19, if he's just "meh"!

Agree with this until we change our policy we will continue to lose out on all the top talents and players.

We've lost out on so much talent over the years with this policy. Imagine who would sign for less money and match based incentives.

"Hey Bernardo, want to sign for less money and more incentives?"

"Get to fuck. Where's my 400k a week?"

We have top talents. We buy players who fit the system. Not always "big names."

Should the age of the player be coming into things? He's captain of a team that went further than us in the CL this season. He's an exceptional talent. Players should be paid on merit and what they bring to the team, not based on their age.

Agree maybe its not about age but he's NOT a senior player yet. When he's been here 12 months or so maybe but you don't make him the highest paid player in the dressing room as he walks thru the door.

We can't pay him 250k+ when Laporte is on 60k. Ruining the whole wage structure to get a CB just isn't worth it, he no Mbappe.

Meanwhile #mufc have launched a £70m bid for Matthijs de Ligt and have agreed to pay him £350,000 a week plus agent fees [mirror]
If true, they haven't learned from Sanchez disaster at all.

Agree maybe its not about age but he's NOT a senior player yet. When he's been here 12 months or so maybe but you don't make him the highest paid player in the dressing room as he walks thru the door.
He's senior to all the players at Ajax, he's their respected captain, despite his age, and I am sure he's of the calibre to be captain of any team he joins. I don't expect we are going to compete for him, and it's just a pity IMO.

I’m Dutch and watch a lot of football over here. As for the Utrecht fan, I think both De Jong and De Ligt will be great players. Superstars? Well let’s see first if they gel in their future cub first shall we?

De Jong signed for Barca so he is of no interest to me

De Ligt development is impressive. As is his leadership. I’d say. BUY.

He's senior to all the players at Ajax, he's their respected captain, despite his age, and I am sure he's of the calibre to be captain of any team he joins. I don't expect we are going to compete for him, and it's just a pity IMO.

Whatever he is or isn't at Ajax - it would be insane after the season we have just had to make a new - unproven in the PL - signing our highest paid player - that would go down like a lead balloon in the dressing room. As good as De Ligt is - and I don't dispute that - he's not worth signing if the cost of signing him is to potentially piss off the rest of the squad and potentially break our dressing room harmony. We need to replace Kompany but we need to think bigger picture as well - if you want to see where irrational decision making gets you - look over the road.

We can't pay him 250k+ when Laporte is on 60k. Ruining the whole wage structure to get a CB just isn't worth it, he no Mbappe.

Meanwhile #mufc have launched a £70m bid for Matthijs de Ligt and have agreed to pay him £350,000 a week plus agent fees [mirror]
If true, they haven't learned from Sanchez disaster at all.
Players should be paid on merit, it sounds like Laporte deserves a rise ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.