Matthijs de Ligt

We’ve done alright with our holistic approach so we can’t grumble, I’d like us to move quicker with signings but we don’t know what goes on in the background do we and Pep knows what we need. If De Ligt comes it will have to be for the right reason as there’s no point pissing off the rest of the dressing room is there.

CTID

Whatever he is or isn't at Ajax - it would be insane after the season we have just had to make a new - unproven in the PL - signing our highest paid player - that would go down like a lead balloon in the dressing room. As good as De Ligt is - and I don't dispute that - he's not worth signing if the cost of signing him is to potentially piss off the rest of the squad and potentially break our dressing room harmony. We need to replace Kompany but we need to think bigger picture as well - if you want to see where irrational decision making gets you - look over the road.
I don't know what wages the players are on, I would hope it should be strictly confidential.

I understand we have a wage structure but exceptional talent should be rewarded. I would imagine we will be saving a high wage bill with Kompany leaving, and maybe Ota?

I don't know what wages the players are on, I would hope it should be strictly confidential.

I understand we have a wage structure but exceptional talent should be rewarded. I would imagine we will be saving a high wage bill with Kompany leaving, and maybe Ota?

If De Jong is anything to go by - De Ligt and his crazy agent will want considerably more than De Bruyne- who’s our best paid player. No manager can let that happen.

He could have those things at any club but someone born to play at Ajax isn’t going to choose the current United

If someone throw stupid money at you, you'd play for Anzhi, let alone United.

Stop thinking that Barca could pay half of some other offer and still be the romantic option for player.

Rags are big club, despite the current shit they fund themselves in, and when they pay 100k or more per week more than next biggest offer, they will still be pretty attractive option. Players will take a pinch for some small amount to chose the club they'd eventually like more to play at, but when money is much bigger, you can kiss love goodbye.

You'll either match or come closer to what United are offering or you're out. It's simple as that. And always will be.

Citywise, as long as the wages are what is quoted that United are willing to pay, I don't want him as much as good as he is. He didn't do anything in his football career to be paid as much as De Bruyne and 3 times more than half of our top player.

Last edited:
I'll never post on this forum again if De Ligt signs for United...that's how confident I am that it is bs. The boy has some ambition, he's not brain dead to join the scum

His manager is Raiola and he doesn't give a flying fuck about brain as long as money is good. And he proved he is able to make his players follow him. And most of them are ****s. So, possibly, De Ligt is a **** too.

Rewarded for what? walking through the door lol
For his exceptional talent and potential, that's what club's talent scouts are for.
If we don't recognise his talents plenty of other clubs will.
That's why so many clubs are after him.

If you’re a 19 year old lad with as much talent as De Ligt has you want one of two things.
1. To be the best player you can possibly be and to win trophies - if so we’re one of very few clubs who can virtually guarantee to provide those things.
2. Money and fame - if so you choose the rag scum.

As a fan, I want to see players who want to improve, want to be the best player they can be and want to win trophies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.