The Sixties

Apart from the real fear of Nuclear war (Cuba)
Vietnam,
Russian spies and Communism (East Germany)

Yeh we were dead happy :-)
Kennedy’s Military generals were well up for a preemptive nuclear strike on Russia, fortunately he wasn’t.

A teacher told us the story at School in 1970, he finished the lesson stating our generation would almost certainly die in a Nuclear war. To an eleven year old kid that was terrifying. I harboured that anxiety for many years. The Teacher wouldn’t get away with that these days. He was called Williamson and taught at Hartshead, what a twat of a man.

The '60's also gave us this fashion trend, copied since many times, but back then it was a sensation, mini
skirts certainly caused frothing and spluttering from many of the older generation at the time, but if you
were a youngster, walking down the street was brilliant.
Following girls up the stairs on double decker buses was very popular, don't know why...

7c553c425ea7b01bf377698919c698b1.jpg

Nah I am sure it was songs of praise, we used to call it 'waw we waw we' because that's what the singing sounded like I do remember Sing something simple and as you say, when the kippax belted it out it was great.

There was also the Black and White Minstrel Show on the telly, round about the same time on Sunday evenings. We tend to forget the shit stuff (and there was plenty of it) because so much was brilliant.

As for the Fab Four. Well — the best thing to come out of Liverpool…

Christ what a time. Not sure how I lived through it. Late nighters, all nighters. Piccadilly station was busier at 2am Sunday morning than it was on a Saturday. It was the place to be and we lived there.
Wilson Pickett
Otis Reading
Joe Tex
The Temps
Four Tops
Mamas and Papas

So many great clubs. And the fashions, hipsters anyone?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.