Matthijs de Ligt

You have not been disrespectful.
I'm just asking where are the evidence you are claiming about that particular topic.

And those evidences seem to be the opinion of Sport about his declaration. Well, that seem rather far fetched to call that "evidence".
As you can see with a quick research, they are quite imaginative when PSG is the object of their articles :https://www.sport-english.com/en/ne...test-strategy-to-try-and-damage-barca-7366239
Other journalists in France, closer to the case, have said that he wants the number 9 spot (he talked about the fact he discovered a new role), more responsabilities meaning more money, wanting to take second position in penalty taking, and wanting a more competitive team while respecting Neymar importance for the club.

No one can conclude anything about Mbappé declaration, except for the player himself, but i think he wants to put pressure on PSG like Cristiano Ronaldo used to do. He wants more money, more attention, a competitive team and wouldn't say no to Real Madrid if PSG was opening the door.

But, if there are two players that like to play together and have an understanding on the field, it is clearly Mbappé and Neymar. Cavani is the one being boycotted by the two others because he is technically limited.

It may be true, or it may be not, but if your last sentence is true, it shows that they are two large egos. You cannot have players boycotting team mates, especially ones as historically important as Cavani.

If someone throw stupid money at you, you'd play for Anzhi, let alone United.

Stop thinking that Barca could pay half of some other offer and still be the romantic option for player.

Rags are big club, despite the current shit they fund themselves in, and when they pay 100k or more per week more than next biggest offer, they will still be pretty attractive option. Players will take a pinch for some small amount to chose the club they'd eventually like more to play at, but when money is much bigger, you can kiss love goodbye.

You'll either match or come closer to what United are offering or you're out. It's simple as that. And always will be.

Citywise, as long as the wages are what is quoted that United are willing to pay, I don't want him as much as good as he is. He didn't do anything in his football career to be paid as much as De Bruyne and 3 times more than half of our top player.

Perhaps one day City will evoke that sort of passion to play for the club, even foregoing more wages elsewhere to do so - not many clubs can say that but Barca certainly is and has been

It's as simple as I have already mentioned, either the player accepts less to play at Barcelona or he will play at United - Barcelona won't enter into that sort of game

Perhaps one day City will evoke that sort of passion to play for the club, even foregoing more wages elsewhere to do so - not many clubs can say that but Barca certainly is and has been

It's as simple as I have already mentioned, either the player accepts less to play at Barcelona or he will play at United - Barcelona won't enter into that sort of game

Some of this is absolutely true but some a mythology around the club. Barcelona is also consistently near the top of the tree when it comes to wages and transfer fees paid and they have also been convicted of receiving state support.

I speak as someone who has admiration for the club but they are not whiter than white.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/transferrekorde

https://www.90min.com/posts/6222573-15-european-clubs-with-the-highest-wages-in-football

I must have dreamt all those huge transfer fees over the years.

I think there's a few people in denial and trying to convince themselves that he's not anything special because we won't be signing him.

Whatever the reason, it's a shame because he's better than what we've got and can bring qualities we don't currently have. Once settled at his new club, he will be an absolute superstar with another 15 years ahead of him.

Utter bollocks. All this shite about players wanting to play for Barcelona Real Madrid united and liverpool because of your history; all fucking 4 of you have 3 things in common - you are despicable clubs, you have worse squads than City, and YOUR WAGE BILLS ARE ALL FUCKING HIGHER THAN CITY’S

Footballer chooses to play for the team that offers the most, shocking. De Ligt is a massive talent but personally I would only splash the cash for generational attacking talents like Mbappe.

I don't know what wages the players are on, I would hope it should be strictly confidential.

I understand we have a wage structure but exceptional talent should be rewarded. I would imagine we will be saving a high wage bill with Kompany leaving, and maybe Ota?

He (as others) will sign with what we consider a fair remuneration and If he has true belief in his ability, that wont be a problem will it as, if he proves "exceptional talent" for us, he will be further rewarded.

Not sure how you are struggling with the way we operate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.