Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Pep looking at all our corners we get and never scoring and thinking Harry would improve that stat and fill in with Kompany leaving plus filling our English quota

Are we actually in for maguire though? Definitely in I mean and not just the odd media link?

Sometimes it's hard to tell. I just asked same question about MDL. Both are obvious options for a team like us that needs at least one new CB.

I do think Maguire being English could be a factor. We have to have a certain number of natives in the squad and we aren't about to get t'other Harry so defenders are probably the best option.

Whether Maguire would step up to the mark for City, I don't know. Vinnie will be a tough act for anyone to follow.

I doubt he'd make much difference to our scoring rate from corners. We usually them short because we want to keep hold of the ball.

Not sure why this needs repeating every time we get linked to an English player, but we don't need a certain amount of English players in the squad, that is still not how the system works.

Also, for all the talk of how big he is, he's an inch taller than LaPorte, 2 inches taller than Stones. our height issue isn't with our CB's, it's that only our CB's have any height at all (maybe Walker makes it 3). Having a marginally taller CB isn't going to change the fact that when teams send 5 tall players up for a corner, we only have 3 tall players to mark them. Presumably that's one of the reasons why we are after Rodri, to add an extra tall player in midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.