City's New Kits - 2019/20

That was shit but at least it wasn’t fucking purple.

During the Roman Republic, when a triumph was held, the general being honored wore an entirely purple toga bordered in gold, and Roman Senators wore a toga with a purple stripe. However, during the Roman Empire, purple was more and more associated exclusively with the emperors and their officers.[34] Suetoni36]us claims that the early emperor Caligula had the King of Mauretania murdered for the splendour of his purple cloak, and that Nero forbade the use of certain purple dyes.[35] In the late empire the sale of purple cloth became a state monopoly protected by the death penalty.[

Anyone seen the Marseille 120 year kit from Puma? It's well smart
This one?

olympique-marseille-19-20-cup-kit-2.jpg

I wouldn't be gone on it, personally.

I really hope that gaudy purple trim is fake as it looks fuckin' shit. I know we have flirted with purple on away kits, but if we want to go back to tradition we should include maroon in the trim, like of the late 60s, early 70s. Those sky blue socks with white and maroon hoops were great. Take heed Puma!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.