Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why this needs repeating every time we get linked to an English player, but we don't need a certain amount of English players in the squad, that is still not how the system works.

Also, for all the talk of how big he is, he's an inch taller than LaPorte, 2 inches taller than Stones. our height issue isn't with our CB's, it's that only our CB's have any height at all (maybe Walker makes it 3). Having a marginally taller CB isn't going to change the fact that when teams send 5 tall players up for a corner, we only have 3 tall players to mark them. Presumably that's one of the reasons why we are after Rodri, to add an extra tall player in midfield
Slab head is good at winning headers though.

I suspect we would get more corners than Leicester over the season so that may increase just on a ratio basis.

We won the most corners in the league last season by a distance. We had 88 more than Leicester so one would expect Maguire to score more for us, if he joined and got the game time.

We won the most corners in the league last season by a distance. We had 88 more than Leicester so one would expect Maguire to score more for us, if he joined and got the game time.
I really doubt that. We don't score many goals from corners because we only have 2 tall players, so they are easily marked. Changing one tall player for a slightly taller player won't fix that

I really doubt that. We don't score many goals from corners because we only have 2 tall players, so they are easily marked. Changing one tall player for a slightly taller player won't fix that

It's about more than just being tall. Some players are better at making the right runs and attacking the ball.

I'd expect Maguire to score more if he has more crosses to go for but I don't think that means he will add many goals to our tally.

It's about more than just being tall. Some players are better at making the right runs and attacking the ball.

I'd expect Maguire to score more if he has more crosses to go for but I don't think that means he will add many goals to our tally.
otamendi is as good as anyone at attacking the ball in the air, yet doesn't score many for us. Mangala used to be a bit of a goal machine on corners as well, but not for us. It just isn't difficult to stop 2 tall people, as every other team has 5, at least.

Maguire being good at set pieces is entirely irrelevant when every corner fails to get passed the first man in the first place.

tumblr_preu4n3tg11rmvhn8o4_500.gif

;-)

He has the highest aerial duel win percentage of all recognised CBs in europe

It's not just about height, it's about how powerful and brave he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.