Matthijs de Ligt

Stones and laporte should be the defence anyway all we need is to keep ottamendi as back up and promote garcia.dont see why we need de licht or Maguire stones is better in possesion than both.
I suspect if Otamendi stays thats what we’ll do , also have Sandler, Fernandinho and Walker if needed as backup. If Otamendi goes it might require a 3rd established cb.

But we only offered those wages initially to lure players here in the first place to catch up with the likes of United.
We also only offered those silly wages to a small few to help bring in lesser known but better long term players at the start of the project, and it worked given where we are now, and the fact we still don't pay out the most in wages.

Its been done very cleverly, and if de Ligt wants to go earn £250k p/w in trafford under solskjaer then he's not the player we want or need.

Stones and laporte should be the defence anyway all we need is to keep ottamendi as back up and promote garcia.dont see why we need de licht or Maguire stones is better in possesion than both.

I'd be very happy with Stones and Laporte being the starting pair most of the time. I'd quite like to see us find a CB with major potential to add to the squad who does not have the profile of MDL, yet.

I'd be very happy with Stones and Laporte being the starting pair most of the time. I'd quite like to see us find a CB with major potential to add to the squad who does not have the profile of MDL, yet.
We have to cater for any injury to either of those without a drop in standard if that were to be the starting pair

I have had to try not to look away on corners and set pieces vs. us for the past several seasons... It is a big weakness and needs addressing not just hoping it'll get better.

I suspect if Otamendi stays thats what we’ll do , also have Sandler, Fernandinho and Walker if needed as backup. If Otamendi goes it might require a 3rd established cb.

I like the look of Eric Garcia, the kid has real potential. Also Tosin will be back from his loan spell at West Brom, another defensive option. If Otamendi stays I think we're pretty well covered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.