Media coverage 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a matter of opinion and debate, you have your reasons others also have an argument, it’s not black and white, as I said, agree to disagree.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/08/15/trump-will-regret-changing-his-mind-about-qatar/
I suggest you actually read your hand picked link. And you may wish to double check who the author is:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nawaf_Obaid

On a thread where Rabid is getting praise for uncovering some reasons why certain people people are writing certain things, you choose a puff piece full of innuendo and written by a Saudi Government adviser, and you’re shocked by its anti-Qatar rhetoric?

The Muslim Brotherhood are not a terrorist organisation whatever that cûnt insinuates. By any Western Standard. The Saudis don’t like them for obvious reasons.

We can all have opinions on everything but not all opinions are equal.

Last edited:
I don't really care either way, but I'd not be surprised at all if that Rabin bloke is some City based plant. He's this absolutely brutal hurricane taking em down one by one and it is quite mental to sit and watch really. He really has rattled them to an amazing level. I've never seen a reaction quite like it. It's funny though to be honest, mainly cos I feel for absolutely none of the press pack involved as they're sadly increasingly smug and dismissive. There's a real nasty tone to some of them when people dare to question the validity of their arguments. It's become very, very ugly and even people who try and discuss things reasonably with them, without resorting to any insults or anything, are getting blocked or pithy put downs.

There's an increasing sense of them actually believing that they're the arbiters of moral decency, despite being totally and blissfully unaware of their own hypocrisies. Whataboutery is usually an annoying argument tactic, but in this context it makes a lot of sense, as most of these articles are written around fans being bad people and being complicit for simply following their club still. In this instance whataboutery is a perfectly good counter argument, given who pays them, what they've done and how we're literally all guilty of supporting or taking money from morally questionable sources and things. This idea that City fans are meant to be the ones that change everything, and if we don't, we're somehow worse than everyone else is just incredibly unfair and intentionally myopic.

Great post.
The term "sportwashing" ,like it's a recent phenomena that questionable groups or individuals have invested in sports in this country,horseracing for instance,has been awash with arab cash for decades.Somehow I doubt next months Epsom derby will be graced by investigative journalists asking tough questions of trainers,jockeys and punters though.

Can I humbly suggest a song title of #iamrabin

™ jrb
542-BCD09-DB02-4277-872-F-EB9-DC4927-DEB.gif

Absolutely fuck all to do with ISIS (which were, in part, funded from Saudi - so the other way around).

And not about funding but Qatar giving asylum to the Muslim Brotherhood which Saudi and the UAE and Egypt class as terrorists (but the UK, US, EU, Canada and UN do not).

Ps, also that’s Rob Harris and not Nick Harris.
I'm confused,are the 2 of them related? which one are we taking on or is it both? ta

I'm confused,are the 2 of them related? which one are we taking on or is it both? ta
No they aren’t related according to the West.

Saudi try and conflate the two to muddy the waters as they don’t want the Muslim Brotherhood to gain legitimacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.