League 1 playoff final record attendance (still 1999)

The bank you’re talking about was the east terrace. It was f@ king huge. When they moved back there after it was closed I stewarded there as a student and sometimes I had to patrol it (it was condemned by then) It would have swallowed the kippax twice over

Charlton are a two bob club btw
It held around 5000 more than the Kippax at both of their peaks (Charlton’s Stand 40000, Kippax 35000)

Any time I've seen Sunderland on the box, there seems to be a lot of empty seats on show. And the home leg of the play off was shocking.
The SoL holds 49000 of course there are going to be a lot of empty seats in the third tier of English football in a stadium that big.

They’ve broken the record for average attendance at that level this season with their 32157 average attendance, and a one-off game at that level with their 46039 on Boxing Day v Bradford.

The SoL holds 49000 of course there are going to be a lot of empty seats in the third tier of English football in a stadium that big.

They’ve broken the record for average attendance at that level this season with their 32157 average attendance, and a one-off game at that level with their 46039 on Boxing Day v Bradford.
To be honest if I support a team , then I support it , i don't pick and choose depending on what league they happen to be playing in

To be honest if I support a team , then I support it , i don't pick and choose depending on what league they happen to be playing in
I’m exactly the same. I’d go no matter what City's situation or what division we were in.

Our attendances actually went up when we went down to the third tier in 1998!

But we ourselves had an average attendance of 36000 in the first division in 1960, then down to 15000 in the second division in 1965, yet back up to 38000 by the time we won the first division title in 1968.

It’s just the nature of the way a lot of football fans are.

Just mentioned the attendance. Just over 76000 so no record today. It's funny how the commentator didn't mention it, but yet he mentioned our players having to warm up in the local gym in 99 (which I think is wrong because wasn't it a school?) because they were getting booed. Just can't fuckin help themselves can they !
Edit: Feel absolutely gutted for them Mackems.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.