Khaldoon's End of Season Interview

Loved that statement. I'd have put it as, it's not our fault you're shit. Diplomacy has never been my strong point.
I think they’re probably using Tebas as a vehicle to talk about wider issues with UEFA, without mentioning UEFA in any kind of confrontational way... Doing so means we avoid breaking our alleged public comment agreement with regards to that investigation (even though it doesn’t apply to them).

I guess we needed to come out and say something from the horses mouth, but there’s a few bigger grenades than I thought we’d/ he’d throw, without really going on the offensive.

Let’s hope his conviction about our position with regards to the investigations is founded on solid ground, knowing the deck is stacked against us.

He said we were confident as long as the enquiry was going to be based on facts, but added a hanging proviso to the effect that what might happen if it weren’t based on facts, was in the lap of the Gods. So not quite the same as “we have nothing to fear”.
Personally I don’t think there was much in that interview of consequence, if only because he clearly wasn’t able to discuss anything specific that might relate to the UEFA enquiry. Tebas was an easy, legitimate and deserved target, but other than that, as regards off-field matters, the relaxed ambience felt a bit forced IMO. I do know I wouldn’t want to mess with him though. There was a definite steeliness there. On the field stuff, where he could be more loquacious, was good.
Always the pessimist.

Khaldoon Al Mubarak: “In the top 10 transfers of all time, City has no players in that, not a single one. People with glass homes shouldn’t be throwing rocks. I’m happy to talk if the conversation is about facts but once we start talking about theories. No time for that.”

“Figo, Zidane. These jumps in transfers, where did they happen? You look back at the history of La Liga, a league dominated by two clubs. Mr Tebas should look back at the history and distortion that has happened throughout the ages.”

“He talks about how we distorted the market? There is a hypocrisy in this statement that is ironic. Number one, let’s look at the Spanish league, the time of breaking records on player acquisitions. I mean, who started that?”

“The reality is, we didn’t buy the most expensive player, the most expensive goalkeeper, the most expensive midfielder, the most expensive striker. Let’s look at facts.”

“With success there is a certain level of jealousy, envy, whatever you call it. You know when United dominated the league for many years, they know what they had to deal with for so many years. It’s not easy for our competition, we know that.”

“I know people don’t want to defend Manchester City – but for God’s sake start defending this league.”

Khaldoon Al Mubarak on Javier Tebas’ comments regarding oil money: ““There’s something deeply wrong in bringing ethnicity into the conversation. This is just ugly. I think the way he is combining teams because of ethnicity. I find that very disturbing to be honest.”

What are you talking about? it's dippers and rags driving this in this country as well as those abroad,have you just outed yourself?

A scouse rag hybrid maybe ...... terrible thought, like that hybrid part t rex part raptor dinosaur in Jurassic Park

1114136_1.jpg

Khaldoon Al Mubarak on FFP: “Am I uncomfortable, no. We have to professionally respond, which we have done. We have clear answers. We believe quite comfortably if the process is going to be judged on facts, then unquestionably we will prevail”

Every season we wait for the boss to speak and he never disappoints. I'm sure we are all really proud of the guys (and gals) and the management and coaches that represent city and perform so well week in week out and have trophies galore to show for it, but Khaldoon makes you doubly proud, having him at the helm is so reassuring. in 22 minutes he's basically poised over Uefa, the european clubs making a jealous noise about us and any club in England having a go.

Roll on part 2, de spiegel watch out!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.