Sheikh Khaled attempting to purchase Newcastle

So if this kicks into gear and wolves carry on, the Saudi's put their money into Sheffield United, we only need 2 more takeovers in the league before United are finishing bottom half.

Seriously though, imagine having a big 10 instead of a top 6. Would that be better? or would the drop from 10-11 just be 40 points and it'd lead to a split.
Such league would surely overtake even 90's Serie A in terms of dominance. And it would be a serious hit at Angelli's Super CL plans. Why implement it at the expense of your domestic league if the latter is drowning in cash?

Such league would surely overtake even 90's Serie A in terms of dominance. And it would be a serious hit at Angelli's Super CL plans. Why implement it at the expense of your domestic league if the latter is drowning in cash?

It would completely change the proposition from, "lets all quit and make our own super league" to the English clubs extending an invite to the Bayern, Real, Barca etc to join our existing one, on our terms.

It would turn the Premier League into football's NBA/NHL with the other massive clubs filling in for the Canadian teams, which is what Tebas and Rumminegge have been terrified of for years.

Scudamore should be pushing for if he was really looking after the best interests of the Premier League.

Why are people here celebrating about getting more tougher competition in the league? My best interest is only for City and how they can win, having another team who can spend big is not in our best interests.

Half brother and he is based in Dubai from what I read..so maybe not that much oil money :)

Hopefully Newcastle will become a friendly club for us? Chelsea have done some lucrative deals, with clubs they are friendly with, eg with PSG for David Luiz. Maybe someone at Newcastle will take our less favoured players for a decent price? I hope they don't become a bitter rival.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.