Khaldoon's End of Season Interview

There's an interesting line towards the end of the Daily Mail coverage of Khaldoon's comments. It says the clubs who were pushing the Premier League to investigate City for FFP (as well as UEFA) were those with American owners. That information was not in the original story in the Times which just referred to "Premier League clubs". That information leaves little doubt that Liverpool and United are the people who Khaldoon is referencing when he talks about "briefing against us." It can only be Gill and Parry or someone acting for them. The Daily Mail may have mistakenly outed one of their own sources with this paragraph.

They wrote the same line before too, it's not first time tonight. They used "group of American owners" in earlier articles too.

Wow. I knew it likely he would address FFP but he's really gone for it there. I did think he was properly angry but was containing himself. I found myself thinking don't give them headlines but then thinking what the hell. I wish he hadn't used the jealousy point even though we know that's what it is as we will yet again be accused of arrogance.

In the main he said what needed to be said. The most telling point was that if any investigation was based on anything other than facts then there would be another conversation. To me that's saying we will fight you all the way.

It was very telling that he made sure he didn't even use the word "Liverpool" at any point.

The racist angle will be no doubt thrown back at us but needed saying too.

It puts everyone on notice particularly when saying we hear everything and intimated we know who you are.

There is no doubt that the press will love all this but not as much as us City fans.

Bottom line is there is no going back now. It will make opponents pause and think. Like many others I think there is little doubt that we will receive an unfair charge. What happens after that will either reflect very badly on us or a lot of our enemies. We sound confident and extremely determined.

Last edited:
No but it's not in theirs either. If they attempt a sanction this time the response is going to be very different than the first time. We took the pinch then, we wont be doing that now. It'll go to CAS.

Khaldoon just gave UEFA an out there. He basically told them, deal with the facts or this is going to get messy.

That's the thing, I don't think that was an out as much as a check-mate.

UEFA can't drop this, if the facts are on our side as Khaldoon says then this entire thing is just politically motivated fools errand and it'll blow up in their faces as soon as a proper court hears it. They should have stopped before, now they've started us along a journey which only ends with complete defeat for them or us, and one side is much more confident of a positive outcome than the other.

While watching it all I kept seeing was rambo (khaldoon) grabbing the mic and saying murdoch (tebas) I'm coming for you.

Wow. I knew it likely he would address FFP but he's really gone for it there. I did think he was properly angry but was containing himself. I found myself thinking don't give them headlines but then thinking what the hell. I wish he hadn't used the jealousy point even though we know that's what it is as we will yet again be accused of arrogance.

In the main he said what needed to be said. The most telling point was that if any investigation was based on anything other than facts then there would be another conversation. To me that's saying we will fight you all the way.

It was very telling that he made sure he didn't even use the word "Liverpool" at any point.

The racist angle will be no doubt thrown back at us but needed saying too.

It puts everyone on notice particularly when saying we hear everything and intimated we know who you are.

There is no doubt that the press will love all this but not as much as us City fans.

Bottom line is there is no going back now. It will make opponents pause and think. Like many others I think there is little doubt that we will receive an unfair charge. What happens after that will either reflect very badly on us or a lot of our enemies. We sound confident and extremely determined.

I do think he was looking for other words, but was force fed that by Chris Bailey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.