Sheikh Khaled attempting to purchase Newcastle

We won the lottery in 2008,i wouldn't deny anyone else the same luck as that would be incredibly small time.
This is football, a tribal sport which I want us to only win. I couldn’t give a crap about any other team, this isn’t a equality contest. Too many “classy” fans these days.

This is football, a tribal sport which I want us to only win. I couldn’t give a crap about any other team, this isn’t a equality contest. Too many “classy” fans these days.
As do i,but i wouldn't want to hypocritical and deny others the opportunity we received.

I'm a big fan of 'classy' but each to their own.

I think its total bullshit that this so called buyer is Sheikh Mansour cousin, the gutter press have to involve us in everything, from transfers to potential take overs.

If it is well fair enough, but in any case it would take Newcastle at least 5 years just to break top 4, nevermind winning the title.

Yeah sadly for them they would be limited to what they could spend. As hard as they tried we managed to slip in through the door before they slammed it shut on other clubs.
There is the "new owners rule". Using this, they can overspend ffp limits provided they can demonstrate that they will be within the limits in a reasonable time. This rule was introduced when the two Milan clubs were taken over and new owners complained that refinancing was impossible under ffp. Of course, UEFA may not approve the business plan. Wonder what excuse they would use? Ah yes, " Sorry you're not a G14/16 club".

I think its total bullshit that this so called buyer is Sheikh Mansour cousin, the gutter press have to involve us in everything, from transfers to potential take overs.

If it is well fair enough, but in any case it would take Newcastle at least 5 years just to break top 4, nevermind winning the title.
It is credible. Amanda Staveley has big ME contacts and has tried several times to put together a take over plan for the Toon. She is close to Mansour/Khaldoon.

It is credible. Amanda Staveley has big ME contacts and has tried several times to put together a take over plan for the Toon. She is close to Mansour/Khaldoon.
Right ok. would this even be legal by premier league rules, members of the same family owning 2 clubs in the same league, something doesn't add up to me.

If it happens, would mean only a handful of English owners with the majority of clubs foreign owned in the Premiership

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.