Sheikh Khaled attempting to purchase Newcastle

This currently has the feel of that Portsmouth takeover by Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim. When he took over, he was labelled as the man who fronted our takeover and everyone believed he was as wealthy as Sheikh Mansour, but turned out to be a flush.

I wouldn't begrudge the Geordies a rich owner and finally a real chance of silverware. Their fans have been through shit the same as us. Plus it's about time another proper club with big, loyal support gave the rags and scousers something to worry about and won trophies instead of them.

This currently has the feel of that Portsmouth takeover by Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim. When he took over, he was labelled as the man who fronted our takeover and everyone believed he was as wealthy as Sheikh Mansour, but turned out to be a flush.

Nah, I think this guy is genuine and comfortably has access to the required funds. People saying his bid for Liverpool fell through but that was for something like 5 or 6 times the price and I'm not sure what really went on there. Mixed messages about failing to provide proof of funds but also that FSG weren't wanting to sell anyway

Totally agree with this ...and seen here with some posters as well.

This guy is a Dubai Billionaire ! (Details still sketchy)
With apparently NO connection to Abu Dhabi and hence Sheikh Mansour

No where near loaded with cash.

Edit: Response to blue budgie

True I suppose. I still can’t think why really. Shat on by owners and chairmen forever (I realise we’re not alone here)

We’ve had so many false dawns it’s unreal. Take 2000 for instance. Rio Ferdinand, Michael carrick, joe Cole, frank lampard, Trevor Sinclair, Jermaine Defoe, Paolo Di canio, Freddie kanoute to name a few.

Unbelievable squad. F@cked up by not investing just a bit further and of course being managed by the tactically inept no plan b Redknapp.

I really could f@cking cry. Ha ha
You've had some quality players that's for sure. Hopefully Manuel can move you a bit further on next season.

They have no way of financing a big move due to the FFP rules in place, TV money makes it a sound investment over a good length of time however so can see the appeal. We got through the doors just before they slammed shut. They will need some big sponsors and sales to even have a chance of meeting FFP if they want to spend big.

They have no way of financing a big move due to the FFP rules in place, TV money makes it a sound investment over a good length of time however so can see the appeal. We got through the doors just before they slammed shut. They will need some big sponsors and sales to even have a chance of meeting FFP if they want to spend big.
Everton and Wolves have spent considerable sums. Just getting rid of Ashley and bringing someone in who is prepared to invest in the playing squad would be a start.

I don't think many Newcastle fans will be stupid enough to think that just because he's from the UAE, that he will have the same intentions and plans as Sheikh Mansour. It depends entirely on the individual's circumstances and not his nationality.

Ditching Ashley, undoubtedly they would bring in alot more commercial revenue that would piss all over their sports direct and dodgy betting co current deals, the TV money could be used for the club and not Ashley's mattress, so even within PL FFP restrictions they are instantaneously in a much stronger position if this goes through. £350m seems massively under priced though especially given just the tv money covers this in just 2-3 seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.