Season Ticket Renewals - small increases (again)

A lot of posters are really missing the point here.

City are a business. The objective is to make money. Worrying about whether the ‘working class man’ can afford the product will not be an issue for the business element of the club.

In that respect, the current situation is most definitely ‘what it is’.

Prices, in general, of pretty much everything, go up. In all honesty I can’t remember the last time the price of anything went down. It just does not happen. It’s almost always just the way it works.

If Seasoncard prices go up, it’ll be by a small % such as 5-10%. About £40-70 per year, or over a year about £4-6 a month.

I find it almost impossible to believe that such an increase, over a whole year, is that significant that it ‘prices people out’.

It just doesn’t.
I take your point but when tickets have increased 10 times in the last 11 seasons and at a quicker rate than wages those people that could just about afford a ticket 10 years ago are now struggling. There comes a point when people think it is hard to justify the expense when they have a family to provide for etc and another price rise albeit £50 is the tipping point. I have my own and my two kids tickets to pay for so if they all increase by £50 it's £150 increase for me and I am sure there are plenty others in the same boat.

Last edited:
Disgraceful way to treat fans this. By not letting us know the price

Just seen a tweet that disabled supporters can renew online now. Might be a early indicator of pricing.
I'm disabled and that link doesn't let me see season card renewals. Guessing it means from renewal day that link will work

I take your point but when tickets have increased 10 times in the last 11 seasons and at a quicker rate than wages those people that could just about afford a ticket 10 years ago are now struggling. There comes a point when people think it is hard to justify the expense when they have a family to provide for etc and another price rise albeit £50 is the tipping point. I have my own and my two kids tickets to pay for so if they all increase but £50 it's £150 increase for me and I am sure there are plenty others in the same boat.

I take your point mate I genuinely do.

But, in your case you’ve got to find an extra £15 a month (DD is over 10 months not 12).

It’s not an insurmountable amount of money to find especially in the context it’ll allow you and yours to watch the best football any of us have ever seen.

I take your point mate I genuinely do.

But, in your case you’ve got to find an extra £15 a month (DD is over 10 months not 12).

It’s not an insurmountable amount of money to find especially in the context it’ll allow you and yours to watch the best football any of us have ever seen.
My point is that £15 may seem like not a lot of money but it’s a continuous increase season after season. I reckon the increased cost of the tickets over the past 10 seasons has far outstripped my wages. It cost me and one of my kids (other couldn’t attend) around £250 to go to the FA Cup final when you factor in tickets, transport, food etc. A week earlier it was only slightly less to go to Brighton. The club has to realise that not every fan has a bottomless pit of cash and as a fan base we are one of the poorest in the premier league. Reducing ticket prices will go a long way to helping all fans and in the long term the club will benefit. There is an enormous raft of fans who want to come and watch occasional games but can’t afford the costs and there are a lot a season card holders who will pack it in as they have reached a tipping point.

Does anyone know if you can change the name on a season ticket to someone else? My Dad’s mate is willing to transfer his season ticket across to my Dad, provided the club allow it?

Does anyone know if you can change the name on a season ticket to someone else? My Dad’s mate is willing to transfer his season ticket across to my Dad, provided the club allow it?

Not normally but a "season ticket amnesty" is mentioned in the City Matters' minutes from 9 days ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.