Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

Absolutely. They made their own rules, they chose to adopt one that had a globally understood meaning. If they don't like the outcome, the remedy is to change the rules, not shift the goalposts.

FYI, they did change the rules in 2015. From UEFA site:

Under the updated regulations, any entity that, alone or in aggregate together with other entities which are linked to the same owner or government, represent more than 30% of the club's total revenues is automatically considered a related party.

Back in 14/15 our turnover was c£351k so if UAE commercial income >£105k (30%) it could still be treated as not a related party for the purpose of our accounts BUT treated as a related party for the FFP assessment and subject to FMV assessment.

It IS very interesting. However, I'd say two things.

Firstly, I think you have to at least consider the prospect that Rui Pinto was involved in this at the behest of someone else with an agenda. The idea of him being a lone wolf motivated by a desire to expose wrongdoing in football is romantic. However, there are aspects of the story that make me think his claims should be subjected tio at least some questioning and scrutiny.

Secondly, the author takes Der Spiegel at face value and refers to our club's "likely" wrongdoing. That tone is reflected in subsequent mentions in the text. In my opinion (and I have a professional background that makes me better able to judge than a journalist), the selectively presented information simply isn't sufficiemnt to judge. We COULD be guilty, of course. Nothing they printed is inconsistent with that possibility. But nor is it inconsistent with the possibility that we found ways to pursue our operations to the best effect within the letter of the regulations even if not everyone would consider that we were within the spirit of them, just as countless legitimate and reputable businesses do across the globe every day.
I would say the former is more probable than most people think.
He is more than likely to be the conduit for the stolen emails rather than the one doing the stealing.

I would suggest that the amount of information he has stolen and the firewalls he must have breached to get it suggest he's more than a good samaritan with a cause and a pentium Laptop with a dial up internet access. Fucking preposterous!
Whilst I agree that the release of documents revealing legal transgressions for serious crime are readily justified. MCFC have done no such thing according to these allegations apart from circumvent rules to entry of a competition (Rules that have since been changed to boot that would have been in our favour). Indeed poorly drawn up legislation is equally as frustrating that enforcement bodies complain about continually in that the law writers fail to appreciate the true nature of offences and fail to make appropriate water tight legislation. In the absence of strict guidance for application, wording should take its ordinary meaning and nothing more, nothing less. We have already been punished for failing the break even test at the time. Now they want to punish us again for the same offences do they! What other offence is within the rulebook? I have looked and cannot see any reference to "breaching the spirit of the Regulations" or the ability to Revisit agreements made at the time to re-punish a party. I cannot see how its possible based on the information printed in Der Spiegel. Some have suggested we are not aware of potential other breaches not mentioned in those articles but why would they leave any information we could be damned over on the shelf. That doesn't make sense. Most of the Articles themselves were grasping at straws and making suppositions that may or may not be true. I am interested to know that although there is case evidence for "Hacked" and "Stolen" materials being used by the Court of Arbitration for Sport in deciding appellant cases is there any precedence in the IC Adjudicatory Chamber of Uefa accessing such information in order to make such a referral as they have and if so if that procedure was ever questioned?

if he hacked millions of emails of every or loads of football clubs, then why is it only us that has been targeted ,this was targeted and he has been told to target us,its as clear as the nose on your face,if there was loads on all the other big players throughout Europe why haven't they seen the light of day,i would fucking love it if in his trail he named names

Absolutely. They made their own rules, they chose to adopt one that had a globally understood meaning. If they don't like the outcome, the remedy is to change the rules, not shift the goalposts.
There's a reason they cut and pasted it as well though, IAS 24 is accepted absolutely as a standard with no alterations by the EU and I believe Switzerland, meaning if they'd followed it they would have been watertight. The problem is that politics got in the way of legal advice imo.

I would say the former is more probable than most people think.
He is more than likely to be the conduit for the stolen emails rather than the one doing the stealing.
Fuck me John Le Carre can make a big come back sod the cold war, its all football;-)
Needed the other quote to come up. sorry S/F

if he hacked millions of emails of every or loads of football clubs, then why is it only us that has been targeted ,this was targeted and he has been told to target us,its as clear as the nose on your face,if there was loads on all the other big players throughout Europe why haven't they seen the light of day,i would fucking love it if in his trail he named names
God help them if this ever got to a court of law and City got their hands on these stolen emails.
We won’t be only doing searches for Man City that’s for sure.

282C55AB00000578-3563463-image-a-47_1461846260972.jpg

Maybe he was told to target us as UEFA knew that we would fight back to such an extent that he would end up in jail for quite a few years and that every other club with something to hide could rest at ease. Perhaps I am clutching at straws but we have heard, recently, that football is a dirty business.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.