Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

People are working on it now. Not just a few. I honestly think it will start end of next season. Ready for when pep goes?
Worsley do you think there could ever be a roof without any cable net when the whole ground is finished? Or even a closing roof so we could have multi events all year round.

Worsley do you think there could ever be a roof without any cable net when the whole ground is finished? Or even a closing roof so we could have multi events all year round.

I don’t understand the roof structure! The bloke who did it all is the cleverest bloke I have ever met in my life. He was mad into swinging as well - a real character. I will ask him!!

I don’t understand the roof structure! The bloke who did it all is the cleverest bloke I have ever met in my life. He was mad into swinging as well - a real character. I will ask him!!

If he’s mad into swinging there’s a few on here who fit into that criteria!

Cheers worsley, I get the gist of the current cablenet but once each stand is finished I can’t see why the whole roof couldn’t be removed and huge closing roof structure be installed, a 60,000 plus all year event arena would boost our income to some degree.

Cheers worsley, I get the gist of the current cablenet but once each stand is finished I can’t see why the whole roof couldn’t be removed and huge closing roof structure be installed, a 60,000 plus all year event arena would boost our income to some degree.

It’s amazing what Architects and Engineers can do. You only have to look at all the skyscrapers (by UK standards) going up in Manchester City centre. ;-)

It will be interesting to see if the proposed 2nd indoor arena in East Manchester happens? https://www.insidermedia.com/insider/northwest/arena-proposed-in-refreshed-eastlands-framework

The current roof design is very clever it’s very light and to remove it would mean a new roof on all stands, the logistics and time scale would be considerable The new roof you suggest would have to have new supporting structure which would be a big project. IMHO The development will be the new north stand similar to south stand incorporating City Square and store / museum then a new high-tech facade Anything else would be better to build new

The architects got the exterior so wrong. I used to lol out of my cabin on a grim winters day and the greyness was so stark. City have added a bit of colour but what where they thinking?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.