Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chatting to a very old mate of mine last night, from Liverpool, season ticket holder. He's a top lad, was the first to text me to congratulate us after we beat Brighton, and even though he's not too fond of city at the minute, he understands it's purely just because of the current rivalry. He follows Liverpool all over the shop, but has decided not to go to Madrid because of the number of dicks following the club at the moment, and he's worried it's going to be nasty. As he said, he was there in Istanbul in 2005 (I helped him get a ticket), he's had his european dream day out and doesn't need this. Pretty mad hearing him say that.

Chatting to a very old mate of mine last night, from Liverpool, season ticket holder. He's a top lad, was the first to text me to congratulate us after we beat Brighton, and even though he's not too fond of city at the minute, he understands it's purely just because of the current rivalry. He follows Liverpool all over the shop, but has decided not to go to Madrid because of the number of dicks following the club at the moment, and he's worried it's going to be nasty. As he said, he was there in Istanbul in 2005 (I helped him get a ticket), he's had his european dream day out and doesn't need this. Pretty mad hearing him say that.
Has that bloke who pushed someone in the fountain and then was caught pulling the pants of a steward down a few weeks later (someone in charge of one of the supporters clubs, I believe) been given a travel ban for the final? Bet he hasn't even though he's been caught on video twice.

I still remember watching this live as in those days the European finals were shown on mainstream tv. At first it just appeared another scrap on the terraces, of which there were many in those days. It soon became apparent though that something catastrophic was unfolding before our eyes. As the game was delayed and the images flooded in it was truly horrific to witness. It was shameful in my opinion that the game went ahead.

Rest in peace all those who died that day and I hope the injured have recovered as well as possible, although the mental scars will always remain.

Shame on Liverpool football club and their supporting media for trying to totally airbrush this tragedy from history, as tough as it is for them to be associated with it.

I still remember watching this live as in those days the European finals were shown on mainstream tv. At first it just appeared another scrap on the terraces, of which there were many in those days. It soon became apparent though that something catastrophic was unfolding before our eyes. As the game was delayed and the images flooded in it was truly horrific to witness. It was shameful in my opinion that the game went ahead.

Rest in peace all those who died that day and I hope the injured have recovered as well as possible, although the mental scars will always remain.

Shame on Liverpool football club and their supporting media for trying to totally airbrush this tragedy from history, as tough as it is for them to be associated with it.

Yep. And Nick Hornby made the point in Fever Pitch that not only did it go ahead, but that tv televised it AND we watched it.

What were we all thinking?

To me the most shocking thing was that, even after the bodies were piled up, scousers were still rioting , throwing stuff at police etc etc.

To me the most shocking thing was that, even after the bodies were piled up, scousers were still rioting , throwing stuff at police etc etc.
I have a couple of friends in Madrid who are going to be dealing with these twats over the weekend. One is a policia nacional, the other a guardia civil. They will NOT accept any form of unruly behaviour; in other words, watch out you vile scum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.