Liverpool thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still remember watching this live as in those days the European finals were shown on mainstream tv. At first it just appeared another scrap on the terraces, of which there were many in those days. It soon became apparent though that something catastrophic was unfolding before our eyes. As the game was delayed and the images flooded in it was truly horrific to witness. It was shameful in my opinion that the game went ahead.
To be fair, they were probably in a lose-lose situation. If they'd abandoned the game, the animals probably would have kicked off even more.

I thought that,he looks unsure,i've never seen him like that before

It's the culture, Khaldoon is deferential to the more powerful Sheikh Mansour, that is their dynamic. Clearly Khaldoon is trusted and well liked and there are plenty of instances where there is laughter and conviviality, but the dynamic is always there. Pep has a different culture and a different dynamic with the Sheikh.

Pep works for Sheikh Mansour that's true, but on his own terms. We wanted Pep, waited for him, hired his two buddies and built an infrastructure just for him and one day he'll walk whether the Sheikh likes it or not, that's his power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.