Wembley 99 Play Off final - 20 Year Anniversary

What a journey we’ve been on for the last two decades. Who would have thought, at 89 minutes, that we would be in the position we now find ourselves?

And what a debt of gratitude we owe to people like joe Royle and Willie Donachie, David Bernstein, John Wardle and David Makin, Thaksin Shinawatra, Sven, Roberto Mancini, Manuel Pellegrini, Pep, Khaldoun and his team and, of course, most of all, HRH Sheikh Mansour, as well as the players, who have contributed to growth and development.

We are the luckiest supporters in the world, IMHO.

Watched the match in a pub in Preston. Landlord said the eruption in the pub after Dickov scored was a lot louder than the rags a few days before.
What a day that was.

My greatest experience of watching City live (sadly I’ve missed the glory years due to living abroad). When Dickov scored my brother smacked me in the face (he claims accidentally) and a guy in the row behind puked. Scenes.

When Dickov scored like most others we went ballistic and I ended up on my back with two of my mates belly flopping on me at the end of the aisle, I was holding onto my glasses for dear life. A big fat bird joined in and dived on top of us all, I reckon she was about 18 stone, it seemed ages before she got off and I got my breath back, luckily the glasses and me survived.

When they went 2 up I walked out. Hate to say it but my 1st born was in hospital and I thought my time was better spent there rather than facing any further humiliation. Half way up Wembley way I heard a muffled cheer and assumed it was over, then probably 100 yards further pandemonium kicked in as some fella with a radio shouted it's 2-2. The police on horseback shouted that no return into the stadium would be allowed and this caused dozens of fans to run to a nearby Currys to see if Sky Sports was on in the shop. Hundreds ignored the police and ran back up Wembley Way. I carried on to the tube and got to Wealdstone where my car was parked. I can remember trying to use my mobile but the network was overwhelmed. I actually heard the last 10 minutes and the shootout heading north on the A1. The most crazy part was I lost the radio signal driving through Hatfield tunnel during the shootout and emerged from it to the euphoria of Weaver's save. Not how I planned the day but unforgettable nonetheless.

One of the best experiences at a City game when Dickov scored the place went mad. Up there with the Aguero goal. Back then when we didn't didn't have a great deal of success it just made the high of the turnaround from dead and buried to "we're going to win this " so intense. Mad scrum of ecstatic blues at the end. Oh and the old Wembley was a sh*thole, rivers of piss at half time was another happy memory.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.