It's Quiet 32 - enter at own risk

We obviously can though, so thats not it

No it not obvious?! What is obvious is we dont spend big bucks on an individual the facts show that with 60m our highest fee for a player! Out club been self sufficient coming up to 4 years now so we live within our means meaning our owner wont be opening his check book!

I’ll be surprised if we spend more than 120m net

Just a gut instinct, but got a feeling this will be quite a frustrating summer. Again. Not sure why, but just feels like a perfect storm of us needing players to replace ageing senior ones, us not wanting to be ripped off and us being conscious about how much we spend with UEFA/FFP bollocks breathing down our necks. This isn't flapping, just genuinely how i've felt for a while. I *really* hope I'm wrong though!

It might be frustrating more to do with our name being used in a lot of transfers or contract negotiations. We only need a DM and centre back. Anything else will be go replace Sane, Gundogan, Delph or Danilo if they decide to leave.

If we just get Rodri or an alternative, that would probably be enough. Not saying we would be perfect at CB, with Vinnie and Nico going, but we would have cover.
If we lose Nico we don't have cover, we'll only have Laporte and Stones. If we can't sign a CB this summer then I think we can just about get by with those three plus Ferna as fourth choice dropping back occasionally.

I’d prefer to see Sane stay than Felix coming here this summer.

I expect us to sign Maguire, Rodri and possibly Cancelo.

No it not obvious?! What is obvious is we dont spend big bucks on an individual the facts show that with 60m our highest fee for a player! Out club been self sufficient coming up to 4 years now so we live within our means meaning our owner wont be opening his check book!

I’ll be surprised if we spend more than 120m net
A policy of not spending big is not the same as not being able to do it. Debate the merits all you want but what I'm saying is that it's very clear both from an FFP and a cashflow perspective that we could spend way more if we wanted to.

Kaldoon said that our policy would be to buy young promising players and implied we would not be paying record fees.
That means we may be planning to buy good but below the radar players not the overhyped names being mentioned

I think we all have to be comfortable with our strategy. We avoided Sanchez... we missed out on Jorginho and didn't panic and we retained the title and won two domestic cups. Not bad.

We need cover of course, but it is about the right players at the right price. Our squad value is huge and that is due to buying well. Our older players have all been great contributors to our success. No need to panic and start spending crazy fees on players. I trust we will bring in the right people.

Remember our kid didn’t think bernado could cut it in the prem..

Fair shout but still gamble especially with the fee they want! When we bought B Silva for 43m my initial thought was that a fair fee and was worth the gamble! Felix for around 50m is a gamble worth taking seems the club think 70m is what they want 100m+ plus is a ridicules fee

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.