Season Ticket Renewals - small increases (again)

Rather than increases, it is comparison to other premier league ticket prices that is important. Economic location needs to be taken into account, as does the viewing quality.

Watching the best team, in a great stadium is one side of the story, that we have a traditional fan base that Includes a majority of working class people is the other. We are slowly losing these people as season card holders. Are half season cards(9 games) category b games an option.

We are better value than Liverpool, I believe 685 is their cheapest seat, while Everton are less, but for that you get a lovely wooden seat in a wooden stand with a few wooden pillars in the way. And quite a few wooden players on the small pitch(no offense).

I don't know how much you pay for the privilege of watching United for a season, but is it much less than watching the treble winners?

Pep’s got another 2 years left . Let’s see if that argument stacks up when he leaves. Watching a top 4 or 6 side, maybe struggling to win trophies, and paying another possible 2 season ticket price increases by then, isn’t going to fill the Etihad.

As for Everton, they are building a brand new stadium.

@jrb Why don't City arrange a Seasoncard sponsor?
A sponsorship deal where half the money goes to reducing the price of the seasoncards and half goes direct ot the club. Different season tickets could have different sponsors, based on the target market. The sponsors get direct marketing access to the fans which has to be better than your name on the sleeve.
Fucking hell, what a brilliant idea that is!

Seriously.

I wonder if there is any Board member, or Director at City who is against these constant season ticket price rises?

Or do they all toe the final decision made by Khaldoon or Soriano, without questioning it?

Because for the life of me, I don’t understand, as these are educated, intelligent people, awash with supporter data, so they must know our core fan base, and they must know they are constantly stretching our fans financially every season, but they still keep on doing it. Why?

I've seen some figures on this thread regarding the cost of the tins for season cards ranging from £5 to £15 and how that cost would pay for increases. Got to say I very much doubt it. I reckon the tins and its contents are made in China for for no more than 30p.

So I take it the points system ain’t getting changed and platinum is staying

Seriously.

I wonder if there is any Board member, or Director at City who is against these constant season ticket price rises?

Or do they all toe the final decision made by Khaldoon or Soriano, without questioning it?

Because for the life of me, I don’t understand, as these are educated, intelligent people, awash with supporter data, so they must know our core fan base, and they must know they are constantly stretching our fans financially every season, but they still keep on doing it. Why?
Our exiting captain fantastic gets it, even if the daft sods at the club and a section of our fanbase don’t!
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-42574469

One day, I hope Vincent is the man who makes these decisions at our football club, not some suit showing his Excel spreadsheet to his boss to justify his wages as he “maximises revenue” every year.

I see the 1894 group have released a statement explaining their words were misinterpreted but I have to say it was a piss poor statement to make in the first place. Don’t want to be negative towards them, they do fantastic work on the whole and I understand the group are just fans like us who go above and beyond for the sake of the club and aren’t professionals but they have a powerful voice that actually gets heard where it matters so what they say needs careful consideration.

Their original statement gave the aura of one man giving his immediate initial thoughts upon being told of the increases to a mate. They didn’t need to go into anything about ffp, the quality of football we see, safe standing etc all of that detracts from the issue. they simply had to come out and say they strongly condemn any and all price increases however big or small and that gets the message across clearly. Even with the correction, there’s damage done.

I've seen some figures on this thread regarding the cost of the tins for season cards ranging from £5 to £15 and how that cost would pay for increases. Got to say I very much doubt it. I reckon the tins and its contents are made in China for for no more than 30p.

I don’t think a tin, a leather wallet, leaflets, and other trinkets, plus postage costs 30p.

Could you direct to that supplier in China please.

Hopefully we can rescue the slave labor workers.

Seriously.

In short, because they can.

A longer answer would be to keep them competitive from a pricing perspective with competitors. An organisation cannot be seen to give its premium product away and we can’t do a £300 rise every 10 years in one hit so with an incremental rise, people will moan(with some justification I might add) but will probably still pay it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.