Season Ticket Renewals - small increases (again)

You should follow suit if you feel this way mate.

Rock up outside the ground and give a little Helen-esque hand out to those in need. Keep the dream alive for those on the verge of tipping point.

Thanks for posting, Ferran. Who said the club don't communicate with the fans?

Colin Bell Level 3 Row H increased from 715 to 820. A bit more than the average 3% rise !? 14.7% increase. Anyone else in this position? I have contacted Supporter Services to check, still awaiting a response.

Aww but you should mate.

I could help you budget for some new knickers because the ones you’re wearing are clearly a bit too tight.

That's better. Stick to the 6 year old standard insults and leave the financial and philosophical analysis to others.

Waiting list is not free iirc. I think you pay ~£150 and that is deducted once you are allocated a ST.

I'm sure someone on it can better inform us

Fair enough. But I think the wider point still stands - someone might be happy to pay whilst waiting for a £300 ticket but a £700 one

What our owners have done for the club and the city has been nothing short of miraculous. What they could do in terms of embracing the thousands of Blues who are priced out of watching City is another golden opportunity. I'd bet that a large proportion of those people at the homecoming parade had never been to the Etihad. Give these people a chance with pricing that reflects our working class origins. Let's just not fuck them off because they can't afford it.
Spoke to loads of blues in town on the parade in the pubs/streets etc 10-15% went to games max. Still they all bought shirts so the clubs making money out of them and the ground is sold out almost all games so there's no reason for anything but a rise....until the 'pop'.

Colin Bell Level 3 Row H increased from 715 to 820. A bit more than the average 3% rise !? 14.7% increase. Anyone else in this position? I have contacted Supporter Services to check, still awaiting a response.
I think you need to check what you paid last season, I've got last season's price list on my laptop and there's no 715 price listed for Row H in any of the CBL3 blocks.The 820 blocks in this season's list were 795 last season.

They are on Level 2, sat in their padded seats. The City fans that used to be on level 2 sat on plastic seats have been priced out, and have been forced to move to other cheaper plastic seats around the ground.

A similar situation for those pesky City fans who were sat in the way of the Tunnel Club, before they got turfed out as well by the club. Not to mention City fans who were sat in the seats now occupied by 93:20, Joes, or whatever it’s named, etc.

But I shouldn’t complain. After all City have just done the quadruple. And it’s only another £20 increase on my season ticket. The 11th increase in 12 season’s. I’m already resigned to another £20 increase the season after next. Pep best bloody win the CL by then. ;-)

I am against the price rises but I just wanted to point out a couple of things for information. I’ve never been in the Tunnel Club but I can assure you that 93:20 (in the East Stand at least) is mostly full of working class Blues who have been going for decades before anyone had heard of Sheikh Mansour. I know more middle class people who have season cards in South Stand Level 3 who can afford to only pitch up for 4 or 5 games a season and still get decent value for money. They choose to prioritise other things like holidays to spend their money on. Each to their own.

I sold my seat on the Ticket Exchange 4 times last season and bought tickets off mates in South Stand L1 for a better atmosphere and for affordability. I will do the same again this year.

Now that the price increases have been confirmed I am looking forward to another fantastic season. When Blues are quite rightly criticising 10 price rises in 11 years, there has at least been few direct debit spreading of payments; free use.

Current inflation rate 2.1%
Current average income rise = 3.2%
City ticket price rise on average = 3%

Well for the first time in a long time City's average ticket price rise is below the average average wage rise, so thats something I suppose, but for many people the ticket price rise is only just affordable and for some it isn't. It would be nice for it to just rise by inflation for a few years. Afterall, City could make more money from punters by improving the food/drink concessions performance which has always been dreadful.

Last edited:
I have a question for those complaining about the prices increase: In the last 11 years Sheikh Mansour has invested over 1 billion of his own money in MCFC, and he's still investing millions every year via Etihad, Aabar, Etilasat and Abu Dhabi Tourism.
He is also one of the few sport club owners to reinvest back all of the club's profit.
So, do you guys really think City raised the price just because "they want to explore the working class"?

Just to remember, one of City's problems with FFP is that UEFA considers the value of City's sponsors to be very high compared to other incomes. Of Europe's top clubs, City's matchday income is the lowest when compared to commercial income. Although the club is billionaire, they need fans' money to justify such high sponsorships, be more 'self-sustaining', and to balance their books.

Here is a PL comparison (2017/18):

ARSENAL
Matchday income: £99m (59k attendance; £1,668 per supporter)
Commercial income: £107m
CHELSEA
Matchday income: £74m (41k attendance; £1,792 per supporter)
Commercial: £170m
LIVERPOOL
Matchday income: £81m (53k attendance; £1,526 per supporter)
Commercial: £154m
MANCHESTER CITY
Matchday income: £57m (54k attendance; £1,059 per supporter)
Commercial: £232m
MANCHESTER UNITED
Matchday income: £110m (74k attendance; £1,467 per supporter)
Commercial: £276m
TOTTENHAM
Matchday income: £71m (67k attendance; £1,044 per supporter)
Commercial: £109m

+£1m or £2m a season seems a little but sends the message that the club is growing with the help of fans. City is fighting against a Cartel, so the club have to play their game (and hopefully win it).
I believe the season card will continue to get more expensive while FFP is a problem. When that is over, the club will probably freeze the price or even decrease it. (that's my view)
I put a larger percentage of my money into City than the Sheikh does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.