Manchester Restaurant Thread

brooklandsblue

Happy Friday BM’ers

With weekend fast approaching I am interested to hear where you like to eat out in Manchester / Greater Manchester. I’m due to start a series of vlogs about my dining experiences in and around the city and I’d love to hear of any hidden gems.

I feel we have a lot of style over substance places that are more about being seen and looking nice rather than serving good food. It’s also telling that we are STILL waiting for a michelan star.

However I do think there are some really good finds that not a lot of people know about- even some of the places in the Arndale food court (not the chav one) are great for a lunchtime snack.

Below are some of my favourites you may not have heard of (and some you will!) below....

Porta- Altrincham – great, authentic tapas. Don’t serve your usual dross!

Aladdin – Withington – looks like a takeaway outside but serves amazing Lebanese food- BYOB too!

Hawksmoor – service is top notch and I’ve never had a bad meal in the place. I would counter that by saying the best steak I’ve had in Manchester was at Gaucho though.

Also has anyone been to this place?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...eet-garage-shadow-strangeways-secret-15894520

As presumably you are from ‘Brooklands’, have you been to Table 10 in Sale?

Happy Friday BM’ers

With weekend fast approaching I am interested to hear where you like to eat out in Manchester / Greater Manchester. I’m due to start a series of vlogs about my dining experiences in and around the city and I’d love to hear of any hidden gems.

I feel we have a lot of style over substance places that are more about being seen and looking nice rather than serving good food. It’s also telling that we are STILL waiting for a michelan star.

However I do think there are some really good finds that not a lot of people know about- even some of the places in the Arndale food court (not the chav one) are great for a lunchtime snack.

Below are some of my favourites you may not have heard of (and some you will!) below....

Porta- Altrincham – great, authentic tapas. Don’t serve your usual dross!

Aladdin – Withington – looks like a takeaway outside but serves amazing Lebanese food- BYOB too!

Hawksmoor – service is top notch and I’ve never had a bad meal in the place. I would counter that by saying the best steak I’ve had in Manchester was at Gaucho though.

Also has anyone been to this place?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...eet-garage-shadow-strangeways-secret-15894520
Aladdin seems worth a visit. Just googled it, very similar menu to Jasmine in Chorlton. I can't fault jasmine and must have eaten there about 25 times as the food never disappoints . I must try Aladdin now. Cheers BB: )

Sugo is good. I've been to the Alti one and wnet to the one in Ancoats last night

Porta in Alti is very good as per the original post. Hispi in Didsbury is also very good

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.