Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he is. Paying 90m for Maguire would be insanity and set a very bad precedent for us. Van Dijk went for 75m last year. Maguire isn't even half the player.

Which therefore means he's not the right player!

So are you happy to accept £70m for Sane if Bayern feel our asking price is prohibative and he wants to go?

If Sane makes it clear he wants to leave and 70 is the best offer we get, then yes.

That 70 can be invested in another player(s) who want to be here and play for Manchester City.

You don’t keep an unhappy want-away player as their attitude and diligence is likely to be problematic. They probably aren’t going to ‘put it in’ when called upon. That can have knock on impact on squad harmony which is one of our strengths and something we wouldn’t want to disrupt.

You could argue Sane is, in theory, ‘worth more’, but like with anything in life, it’s only worth what someone will pay for it. If 70 was the top offer, then that’s what he’s worth.

FWIW I think and hope Sane will stay.

Reactions: nmc
Leicester have the right to ask what they want. They don’t want to sell, why should they? If we think he’s worth as much to us as Leicester believe he is to them we’ll sign him. If not we won’t.

Also, even if De Ligt may cost less, it seems he wants much higher wages than Maguire would probably ask so the latter would be less likely to disrupt squad harmony. Could be a consideration. But I don’t think we’ll pay anywhere near £90m for a centre back.

I can’t see it either.

Our record is about 60 for Mahrez.

90 would be a 50% increase on our record and seems wildly out of line with our usual approach.

I think you are off the mark there bud. CB is a critical position and for me, we would look to fill that with the best avail irrespective of nationality and make up the homegrown quota in a less demanding position.
I think we originally planned to replace Zinchenko with Chilwell at left back to fulfil the homegrown quota, however in terms of how things have developed (Vinny leaving & Zinchenko earning his place) we see Maguire if the speculation is corrrect as the compromise. He’s good enough to do a job like Walker at right back but he isn’t good enough to improve us IMO.

There are plenty of better, younger CBs I'd rather take a chance on than Maguire. Jonathan tah & konate are already better options and I'm sure tah has a €40m release clause. Guys a beast, tall, strong, great on the ball and fast. Konate could be as high profile as de ligt in a better team.

Few times I've watched tyrone Mings at Villa thought he was pretty good think he is from Bournemouth on loan at Villa think he is around 27

If Sane makes it clear he wants to leave and 70 is the best offer we get, then yes.

That 70 can be invested in another player(s) who want to be here and play for Manchester City.

You don’t keep an unhappy want-away player as their attitude and diligence is likely to be problematic. They probably aren’t going to ‘put it in’ when called upon. That can have knock on impact on squad harmony which is one of our strengths and something we wouldn’t want to disrupt.

You could argue Sane is, in theory, ‘worth more’, but like with anything in life, it’s only worth what someone will pay for it. If 70 was the top offer, then that’s what he’s worth.

FWIW I think and hope Sane will stay.

Thinking along the same lines, if Maguire wants away from Leicester and bidding clubs know this then you can see him leaving for £65 million as the window winds down.

Be better off paying the dosh for De Ligt if that's the fee going around for slab head. Nathan Ake is someone I mentioned a while back too, very good player and would be a far better acquisition. Would complement Laporte and Stones handsomely and is well used to putting in ridiculous shifts.

Be better off paying the dosh for De Ligt if that's the fee going around for slab head. Nathan Ake is someone I mentioned a while back too, very good player and would be a far better acquisition. Would complement Laporte and Stones handsomely and is well used to putting in ridiculous shifts.

Good shout this.
How much do we think Ake would cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.