Var debate 2019/20

I personally didn’t think that was a penalty tonight.
So do we just get into the box and flick the ball at the defenders arms? That’s going to be the dipper trick next season. Remember where you heard it first.
That’s exactly what Mane did - his eyes are looking directly at Sissoko’s arm, he never looks anywhere else. The line of pass was going nowhere near any Liverpool player. 100% deliberately playing the ball-to-hand. And it didn’t even hit his arm directly and yet VAR still give the pen!

Absolute joke, i was all for VAR but its ridiculous, they cant even get the decisions right with multiple views, this will kill the game, FUCK IT OFF NOW !!!!

It’s about time Guardiola realised that you have your 1st team and you pick it for every single game, no matter what. If he’d done that we’d have won the lot. The sooner he takes over at Juventus the better.......
I trust you have a large enough boat to undertake such an ambitious fishing expedition?

That’s exactly what Mane did - his eyes are looking directly at Sissoko’s arm, he never looks anywhere else. The line of pass was going nowhere near any Liverpool player. 100% deliberately playing the ball-to-hand. And it didn’t even hit his arm directly and yet VAR still give the pen!

Exactly. There is one photo I've seen, his eyes are completely on Sissoko's arm and the pass was going to noone but to his arm.

Well the ball hit Lorente’s arm against us and everyone... Walton and the pundits said it wasn’t because he didn’t mean it !
The ball hitting Llorente's hand wasn't shown to the on-field ref or the watching public during the VAR check.
It was only after the game was back underway that we were shown it, so you can't blame the ref.

Walton is painful and always appears to agree with the decision made by the on-field ref.

Even last night, Sissoko was obviously pointing for some attacker to be picked up behind him as he closes Mane down.
Mane from about 3 yards, kicks the ball at him and it hits his chest before bouncing against his arm.
It wasn't even goal bound, but VAR didn't overturn it.

Hoddle was trying to explain it, but was swimming against the tide and didn't stand a chance against that gang.

Walton saying his hand was in an 'un-natural position'?
It was bollocks, how was he supposed to point towards someone at the back post?

Anyway, my point is that all of those recent handball penalty decisions made by VAR in UEFA competitions, make it quite clear that although not a single one of them was deliberate, the ball hitting the hand is given as handball.

I presume there is only one set of rules in football, so with VAR coming to the Premier League next season, there should be loads more penalties awarded.

So, get your dough on whoever takes penalties for first scorer.

That is of course, unless PL refs are playing to a different set of rules!

Hmmm.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.