Champions League Final Liverpool v Spurs

Awful game - ridiculously low on quality from both sides, how the fuck this that was supposed to be the pinnacle of European football, I will never know. Not sure how so many people are saying that Liverpool deserved to win, disagree thought both were equally shot and neither deserved it.

Obviously I'm not a genius like super manager Poch, but dropping moura for kane was a horrendous mistake

I couldn't regard either of them as champions of Europe any more that the FA cup winners are champions of England. Champion's League winners but not champions of Europe. You'd have to be champions to your own league to be called that IMO.

This :)

So, Liverpool are champions of what, exactly? ..... Failing to win their own league / being the best runners up?

CL is nothing short of a cash-cow for the UEFA.

So, Liverpool now get to play Chelsea in the Super Cup.... Again, Super at what, being runners up? Is that the winners of the runner ups runners up?

I'm really of the opinion that 'we' and Pep should boycott the CL - certainly because of it's corrupt attitude, certainly because of it's ignorance and inability to maintain it's own rules on the pitch, and especially given how we have been unfairly hoofed from it this last two seasons.

But that might, i know, sound like sour grapes.

Yet the corruption continues, VAR continues to be either misused, or ill-applied - last night, while the whole world was watching, in Madrid, just as it was at the Etihad. Ref's don't know how to apply it correctly - even if we just look at the handball against us, ref ignores the build up to it that could have resulted in an offside, said it wasn't a handball when it clearly was, when it was admitted by Llorente himself that it was handball..... blah blah blah.

Corruption through and through.

But yeah, Liverpool have won a cup for being the runners up playing against other runners ups.

Well done them, if only they hadn't put in such a pi$$ poor performance.

But they have the cup, and ultimately that shows just how illegitimate the so called Champions League has become.

i know that Pep, and suspect that Sheikh Monsour want to win it, i think Pep said that winning the CL was a standard of how a team is judged.... But for me, i'd be happy for City to fuck it off, focus on retaining the Premier League, winning back to back trebles / quads and dominating the domestic league.

But, winning the one that alludes you is always the challenge.

Didn’t watch the game and by reports it was terrible and one of the worst finals.

Thought I would be upset that the dippers won but seeing them lift that trophy and I don’t feel anything. We’ll eventually win it I’m sure of it but give me the premier league over this competition any day of the week.

The champions of Europe haven’t been champions of England for 30 years. Fucking LOL.

This :)

So, Liverpool are champions of what, exactly? ..... Failing to win their own league / being the best runners up?

CL is nothing short of a cash-cow for the UEFA.

So, Liverpool now get to play Chelsea in the Super Cup.... Again, Super at what, being runners up? Is that the winners of the runner ups runners up?

I'm really of the opinion that 'we' and Pep should boycott the CL - certainly because of it's corrupt attitude, certainly because of it's ignorance and inability to maintain it's own rules on the pitch, and especially given how we have been unfairly hoofed from it this last two seasons.

But that might, i know, sound like sour grapes.

Yet the corruption continues, VAR continues to be either misused, or ill-applied - last night, while the whole world was watching, in Madrid, just as it was at the Etihad. Ref's don't know how to apply it correctly - even if we just look at the handball against us, ref ignores the build up to it that could have resulted in an offside, said it wasn't a handball when it clearly was, when it was admitted by Llorente himself that it was handball..... blah blah blah.

Corruption through and through.

But yeah, Liverpool have won a cup for being the runners up playing against other runners ups.

Well done them, if only they hadn't put in such a pi$$ poor performance.

But they have the cup, and ultimately that shows just how illegitimate the so called Champions League has become.

i know that Pep, and suspect that Sheikh Monsour want to win it, i think Pep said that winning the CL was a standard of how a team is judged.... But for me, i'd be happy for City to fuck it off, focus on retaining the Premier League, winning back to back trebles / quads and dominating the domestic league.

But, winning the one that alludes you is always the challenge.
Agree with all of it pal. But best to let it go because it does sound like sour Grapes. In a game shit happens and unfortunately when the shit shit happened it was us at the end of it but hey ho. Who's to say we might get lucky next season? You sure do need it in spades it seems to win this cup. I watched it in Valencia and the pub was absolutely hammered which shows you what the world thinks of this cup - they love it and it's hands down the biggest match on the world stage. We should pull out all stops to win it and when we do I will cry a bucket of joy and sadness because my days of following this beautiful club will be complete. I love City so much it actually hurts my heart and when I was a boy this was a pipe dream. It can actually happen to us and I really hope it does. Up the Blues

UEFA will be wishing City had been in the final after that dross was served up as the pinnacle of their premium competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.