Property Advice

Just as a matter of interest, why is BTL considered a busted flush? Changes to tax scheme and stamp duty?

Pretty much that. I leveraged hugely between 1999 and 2007 and managed to get a large number of generally rather shit terraces in the mad old days. Cashed out luckily on quite a few and now find that having a smaller number of better quality properties in good areas is much easier than a load of terraces. Tennants can be a pain and paying tax on rental income etc. Increase stamp but most importantly not huge growth in prices vs maintenance has made it harder in recent years. If you are going to do it do it steadily and for the long term.

Pretty much that. I leveraged hugely between 1999 and 2007 and managed to get a large number of generally rather shit terraces in the mad old days. Cashed out luckily on quite a few and now find that having a smaller number of better quality properties in good areas is much easier than a load of terraces. Tennants can be a pain and paying tax on rental income etc. Increase stamp but most importantly not huge growth in prices vs maintenance has made it harder in recent years. If you are going to do it do it steadily and for the long term.

Worsley - if you had a lump sum of 1/2 a million (cash) what would be the best investment? Off plan / in need of renovations etc? (As per my previous communications with you I’m not interested in brass / class A’s or strippers)

Worsley - if you had a lump sum of 1/2 a million (cash) what would be the best investment? Off plan / in need of renovations etc? (As per my previous communications with you I’m not interested in brass / class A’s or strippers)

I would buy a property in the catchment for any of the Trafford schools. Maybe urmston. An up and coming area and prices will increase with the fact it is getting a market and trendy cheese shops and all that nonsense. Get a great semi for 400k. Bang the rest in the stock market on a date high dividend stock and leave it for ten years at least.

I would buy a property in the catchment for any of the Trafford schools. Maybe urmston. An up and coming area and prices will increase with the fact it is getting a market and trendy cheese shops and all that nonsense. Get a great semi for 400k. Bang the rest in the stock market on a date high dividend stock and leave it for ten years at least.

Interesting. We’re looking in sale / Timperley (for the reasons you mention). My agent was telling me he believes Old Trafford could boom in the next 2/3 years (for obvious reasons I’d never live in that area!) as people are priced out of chorlton. Good solid semi’s, good transport (metro into town) and a lot of younger professionals moving in:...have considered Urmston but it fucking hums on a hot day with the shit works being so close!!

In the city centre? Really? Even at that level? Also are my chances of living near partying chavs high in these apartment?

Interesting what you said about the ring road. Places that were awful 10-20 years ago are suddenly becoming fashionable and full of young profs and as the city spreads out areas like beswick / ancoats / hulme will become very attractive in the same way Brixton / nottinghill have in London.
Heaton Moor is lovely....but a semi done up can fetch £700k now

If you’ve got spare cash buy terrace in north Manchester get one for 80k and pick up £6 ton a month

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.