Football Leaks/Der Spiegel articles

No case to answer.
No wonder the big delay from UEFA.
NYT were leaked that City guilty and case gone to see what the punishment would be, then silence and nothing?
Appears that someone must have looked at that file and thought, feck this, I'm not putting my name on it.
Let us hope so. Incidently, it was rumoured at the time that UEFA was very reluctant to pursue this case, but powerful voices from you know who forced them into it.

No case to answer.
NYT were leaked that City guilty and case gone to see what the punishment would be, then silence and nothing?
Appears that someone must have looked at that file and thought, feck this, I'm not putting my name on it.
Pretty much, except I don't think there is a big delay, it was always going to take weeks or months for the adjudication chamber to review the evidence, especially the stuff the investigation chamber didn't investigate because they ran out of time and had to pass it on or lose the case. Which was why the club statement mentioned a curtailed investigation.
I still wouldn't be surprised though if they find us guilty down the line knowing CAS will throw it out,if it helps them save face. The best time for them would be after next seasons completion starts so ban us for 20/21 knowing it will be overturned well before then

Let us hope so. Incidently, it was rumoured at the time that UEFA was very reluctant to pursue this case, but powerful voices from you know who forced them into it.

Maybe Liverpool leaked it to the NYT to push UEFA into it - be in no doubt John W Henry is an utter ****.

No case to answer.

That may or may not be the case, but rest assured they will be exploring every possible avenue of pinning something on us, and if they can’t find anything they can substantiate I suspect they’ll settle for something they can merely infer. For UEFA this is all about showing the cartel they’re trying to do their bidding. This is going to CAS, minimum IMO

Maybe Liverpool leaked it to the NYT to push UEFA into it - be in no doubt John W Henry is an utter ****.

I think the NYT thing was at least as much the journalist knowing about the 5 year rule and asking the right questions ("so if the recommendation is more than a 100k fine, then it must include a ban, right?").

I am of the view, and I think there are a lot who agree, that there never was a substantive case to answer, and that this whole episode has been about the smearing and mud-slinging that has become the norm for bullies and con-men like uefa and their panicking paymasters, when they have nothing else.
Sadly, it has been fairly effective. Whatever the result of this investigation, the narrative will always be that we got away with it, even if there’s no ‘it’ to get away with.

For every season we are competitive and more so winning trophies they'll be a new smear campaign. We just have to get used to it as this is how our rivals operate.

Sorry about this but what were we found guilty of to accept the fine and reduced squad for that season?
Overspending mate. We failed the test as we weren’t allowed to deduct the pre-2011 contracts that we thought we’d be able to as they changed the toolkit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.