Matthijs de Ligt

Eric Garcia ahead of Van Dijk ffs this forum stoops to rival forum dribble levels at times. One of the worst takes I have ever seen.

Van Dijk will be 2nd in the Ballon D'Or at least and considering Messi got 6th last year, don't be at all surprised if he wins. He most certainly deserves top 3. Does he deserve to win, no not while Messi is still an active player, but the Ballon D'Or has lost its credibility years ago so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he wins comfortably.

Van Dijk is an absolute monster of a player, he instantly became a leader at Liverpool and more than Allison, Salsh-Mane-Firmino is the main reason they came within one point of us this year and why the won the CL. It wasn't Divock Origi, or TAA or Winajldum or Mane or Salah, it was VVD that won them that CL.

I wouldn't swap Laporte for him as Laporte is so unique as a defender and a perfect fit but VVD is the most dominant CB since probably Cannavaro.

Anyway OT. But speaking of OT, this transfer window has already driven me demented and it hasn't even gotten out of first gear. Seems like every club is waiting to make the first move.

Every summer window the fees go up, we incredulously scratch our heads as to why and every summer a team passes on one and looks back and regrets it. I'm not for "breaking the pay structure" but this kind of player doesn't come around often.

Alternatively we've just won 4 trophies in one season so maybe we should stick to what we're doing.

Eric Garcia ahead of Van Dijk ffs this forum stoops to rival forum dribble levels at times. One of the worst takes I have ever seen.

Van Dijk will be 2nd in the Ballon D'Or at least and considering Messi got 6th last year, don't be at all surprised if he wins. He most certainly deserves top 3. Does he deserve to win, no not while Messi is still an active player, but the Ballon D'Or has lost its credibility years ago so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he wins comfortably.

Van Dijk is an absolute monster of a player, he instantly became a leader at Liverpool and more than Allison, Salsh-Mane-Firmino is the main reason they came within one point of us this year and why the won the CL. It wasn't Divock Origi, or TAA or Winajldum or Mane or Salah, it was VVD that won them that CL.

I wouldn't swap Laporte for him as Laporte is so unique as a defender and a perfect fit but VVD is the most dominant CB since probably Cannavaro.

Anyway OT. But speaking of OT, this transfer window has already driven me demented and it hasn't even gotten out of first gear. Seems like every club is waiting to make the first move.
Don't think Eric Garcia was mentioned, probably Aymeric Laporte. But yeah everything else I agree with.

I personally think he would look very good, especially next to Laporte.
So do I but I but I bet within a month of him joining this place would be full of people screaming 'why the fuck did we spend all that money on this ****'. Playing in our defence is a whole different kettle of fish than playing for his current club. And people seem to forget that they added a world-class goalkeeper to their numbers last season and they played far more defensively than the season before. Yet this fucker gets all the credit.

Think I've been dupped by the media to believing vvd is the worlds best defender! Dont get me wrong he is a fantastic defender that liverpool wouldnt of finished second without him, but if you look up Kompany’s stats in the 2011/12 season every stat vvd falls way behind kompany and guess what no hype by the media for kompany that season unlike Liverpool bias media driven over vvd.

Alternatively we've just won 4 trophies in one season so maybe we should stick to what we're doing.
Yep. And his team with decidedly less talent made it a stage further than us in CL. So there's that. CLs never been important though... Carabao and Community Shield silverware on the other hand...

So do I but I but I bet within a month of him joining this place would be full of people screaming 'why the fuck did we spend all that money on this ****'.
3 years ago we spent 47.5 on Stones and he rides the pine yet everyone seems content to be sitting on their hands just hoping he'll make good. Yes it's more money for MDL but it should be as he's showing more than Stones at this point and his ceiling is higher. If the Stones we bought in 2016 we're on the market now... no doubt his price tag would be at least 10-20m higher than our purchase price was.

Yeah they do get all the attention from the media etc because they're Liverpool but Van Dijk has made their defence miles better and he is a world class player, in the 17/18 season they conceded 38 goals and this season that's dropped to 22 and much of that is down to Van Dijk
I think it is more down to the fact that last season they changed slightly and sat deeper thus not exposing the defence as they had previously. He is an upgrade on what they had but he imo, is not world class.

Ah, then I apologise
It's very easy to get confused reading some of the comments, anybody saying "Eric" has been referring to "Aymeric" Laporte I believe (pronounced "Ay-mear-ic")

It is laziness on the posters part, I'd wish they'd stop because as you notice, we do have an actual defender named Eric.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.